Random Music Talk XLIV: Haunted By Dalton's Ghost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Blood Bank" is also a highlight of this current tour. What a banger. Really cool arrangement. Loud. Angry. Toothy.

Haha, on YouTube I just discovered this Canadian interviewer named Nardwuar. This shit is highly entertaining, and there's a good chance I spend another hour or two watching this dude's interviews. Watching his interview with Jack and Meg right now, and it's making me miss them. What a fucking cool band.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Haha, on YouTube I just discovered this Canadian interviewer named Nardwuar. This shit is highly entertaining, and there's a good chance I spend another hour or two watching this dude's interviews. Watching his interview with Jack and Meg right now, and it's making me miss them. What a fucking cool band.

Keep on rockin in the free world and do doodle oo doo...

I feel like I'm sorely behind on new music.

I think both St Vincent and Wilco's albums are out now, yes? And I know Florence + the Machine and Coldplay have albums coming out next month .... shit, this month! Hey, October, what's up.

I'm sure I'm missing some other ones I was interested in. Time to swing by Sonic Boom.

I feel like I'm sorely behind on new music.

I think both St Vincent and Wilco's albums are out now, yes? And I know Florence + the Machine and Coldplay have albums coming out next month .... shit, this month! Hey, October, what's up.

I'm sure I'm missing some other ones I was interested in. Time to swing by Sonic Boom.

I do believe it would behoove you to get your hands on a copy of Nicola Roberts' new album. Pretty easily my fave pop album of the year.

Really quirky, catchy, fun, honest, slightly batshit crazy. She's developed a couple of vocal ticks post-Aloud that might take a minute to get used to, but it's rewarding.

I do believe it would behoove you to get your hands on a copy of Nicola Roberts' new album. Pretty easily my fave pop album of the year.

I actually caught her one day on some BBC or RTE morning show. I don't recall thinking much of the song, but will check it out. Thanks!

Also:

P1000701.jpg

On a gross, yet humorous note: I was just trying to explain "first in, first out" lot control processes to someone via email, and wrote "fist in, fist out". Luckily I caught my mistake before sending...

Cori, here's a nice reference for future releases:

The Pitchfork Guide to Upcoming Releases | News | Pitchfork

This month, I'm excited for Bjork, M83, possibly DJ Shadow, Coldplay, Justice, and. possibly The Field.

Florence isn't until Nov. Lots of good stuff in November too though (Florence + the Machine, Kurt Vile EP, Achtung rip off sets, Decemberists EP, Atlas Sound, REM's final tracks / best of, Sigur Ros live album / dvd, etc.) it's going to be a stacked fall for music.

I also really still need to buy the soundtrack to Drive, as it was crazily awesome.

Cool, thanks. :)

Ooh, Feist.
Zola Jesus (I've yet to actually buy any of her stuff, but she's kind of interesting and cool).
Andrew Bird
Bjork (her stuff is so hit or miss for me, so this isn't a must buy for me, but I'm interested in seeing if I'll like it)
Peter Gabriel (I saw an ad for it in Q and was excited about it)
Metric (the title makes me think it's a reissue or something, though - wasn't their last album Fantasies? Why Fantasies Flashbacks?)
Mayer Hawthorne (I like that retro-soul sound; his first album was pretty good)
Ryan Adams
The Beach Boys Smile Sessions!!!!!!
Charlotte Gainsbourg
Flo + the Machine
REM (yeah, I'm a sucker who wants the new songs)
Sigur Ros

Nifty!

Peter Gabriel's album's out, right? I need to give that a spin, I really loved Symphonicities last year, expect to feel the same for this.

I thought about making that joke, but he put the name of the song in italics, so I couldn't bring myself to.

On a gross, yet humorous note: I was just trying to explain "first in, first out" lot control processes to someone via email, and wrote "fist in, fist out". Luckily I caught my mistake before sending...

lol

So our warehouse in South Africa is on a street called, "Thunder Road". I sing the song in my head every time I see the address.

G.S.O.A.T.

I'm gonna have to listen to that Dum Dum Girls album at some point. It's not on Spotify currently, but their EP from earlier this year (featuring a Smiths cover!!!) is on there.

Also, I'm still watching Nardwuar interviews.

Didn't realize the new Tori Amos album was out as well. Picked it up along with the other two.

I haven't liked her recent albums, but I like the concept, and I heard one of the tracks on YouTube and liked it quite a bit. Oh, crazy Tori, I can't quit you.

Does anyone happen to know if the AB documentary is going to receive a separate release? I looked through the EYKIW thread, but only found an endless cycle of haranguing about the remaster issue.

I gotta listen to Fleet Foxes asap... They're doing shows over summer. The tracks I've heard via DI haven't greatly impressed me though. And that includes Blue Ridge Mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom