Random Music Talk XLIV: Haunted By Dalton's Ghost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:huh:

I just finished the complete discography of The Germs. I think I've discovered the prime example of why fast music and heroin does not mix. I've heard more articulate death metal growls.

I haven't heard anything by U2 in a couple of months, but I decided to listen to Passengers because the weather is dark and windy and horrible today and I'm in the mood for downtempo electro shit. U2 has made better albums, but I'm still awestruck after all these years by how vivid the production and general mood is. You can truly visualize the songs, and that gives the album a great deal of personality, even when the songs themselves are kind of shitty.

If we were to cut all U2 albums in half, the first 7 tracks of Passengers would easily be one of the top five halves.

So, Bon Iver's latest album makes for fabulous music for walking in western Ireland.

I'll bet.

I remember listening to a lot of early Tom Waits when I was there. It was an excellent soundtrack to the pub-hopping I would do (yay 18 drinking age).

I'm stuck in Newark for another 3 hours ... Does that make you feel any better?

Best graffiti seen outside Hanover Quay:

Songs of Ascent Now!

I laughed out loud,rather loudly, when I saw that. I'll post the picture of it when I get around to dealing with my 1200 pictures.

Also, in random music related Ireland news, I got an impromptu bodhran lesson, and then sang two songs in a pub.

What the fuck.

They are to be listened to sparingly, dear. Sparingly.

Yes, I realize that now. Does anyone have a damn clue what Darby Crash was ever singing about? A lot of it was slurred rants set to music.

Something tells me the majority of the music they listen to is preceded by and directly followed with Casey Kasem's soothing baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom