Random Music Talk XLIII: 11 O'Clock Click Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never left the continent either. But it's Ireland. You have to understand, my mother's side of the family is the type of people Bono made his "Fuck the revolution" speech about. They have Irish flags all around their houses and only drink Guinness and don't like British people (which I'm not even sure is like an Irish thing anymore). And none of us were born there. I think they all took a trip to Ireland for the first time when they were in their 30s. Who knows. It's all very odd.

Do they beat you regularly just for the sin of not going over there yet? And then do you all cry and sing Danny Boy at the top of your lungs?

Everyone sang me Danny Boy when I was young.

They didn't beat me when I sat still. The best behaved Irish kids are the ones who sit still in silence. Sit still, endure, offer it up.

Oh Danny boy, the peef, the peef is calling!

You know who I like? Teddy Thompson (as in "son of Richard Thompson"). All three of his CDs are some good stuff.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Soooooooo....

How's your life?

Shitty; I have a cold and haven't breathed through my nose all day and I feel like someone punched me in the stomach, which is strange because I haven't left the house today.

She probably could beat me up, but that wouldn't exactly be a feather in anyone's cap.

I've listened to some music borderline incapacitated: Let's Stay Together by Al Green was quite strong, although I still like Call Me most of his classics. I also listened to Green Onions by Booker T and the MGs; one brilliant song (the classic title track), and a lot of filler covered in organ. Not especially great.

I have come to the conclusion that Skinny Love is a really great song.

lazarus said:
I just passed some dude on the street in Beverly Hills who was wearing a 360 Down Under tour shirt.

I was barely able to resist punching him in the kidney and telling him to "take that back to Cobbler".

Fanks man :hug:

PhilsFan said:
Everyone sang me Danny Boy when I was young.

:scream: me too. Despite the fact I've never been nicknamed Danny in my life.

C5EF09B6-9CBC-E2B9-F4B878473A9CBC20.jpg

:wave: Bye corita!!

Explosions In the Sky make dizzingly beautiful music. I was happy I made it to the show tonight but sad that it got moved indoors due to bad weather. I was so looking forward to hearing them outside under the stars and the big big West Texas sky. I arrived late but while the crowd was stuffed against the front of the stage, I went over to the side and sat on the floor right next to the stage. It was glorious.

explosions.jpg

Have fun, Cori! If you could catch and skin a leprechaun for me, that would be great

Cori, make sure to find Wayne's scribblings while you're out there. Draw a picture of BoMac (maple leaf with arms, legs and beachball) next to it with a suspicious expression.

But, most importantly, have fun!

Have a fucking blast cori! And please tell the head of the Gaelic football association that their sport is shit and nothing compared to AFL! But most of all have a blast!

I was playing designated driver last night, and right before I dropped my friend off All My Friends started playing on my music player in the car. So I asked her if she'd ever heard of a band called LCD Soundsystem. She looked at me, said LCD Soundsystem? And then pulled up a live recording of Dance Yrself Clean from her iphone. She mentioned something about seeing them in New York, and I was like.....the final concert? I listened to that on Pitchfork!

We had a hipster bonding moment.

Then we sang Dance Yrself Clean the whole way back.

:rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom