Random Music Talk XLII: Championship Vinyl Aux Holes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone should photoshop NSW's giant head on one or both of those .gifs.

if i had that kind of skill, i'd forgo the nap before work to make that happen. but i don't even have photoshop, let alone the necessary mad skillz.

Yep, definitely getting that ICP thing. No doubt about it.

bono_212 said:
This is a tempting offer, are you in a rush to get them off your hands?

Not at all. That's why I'll wait out selling them for a fair price rather than getting $7 each at a record store. Or whatever they give you. I've never sold an LP to one.

:sexywink:

I'm still in the midst of my every-few-years project of trying to listen to all of my CDs. I'm down to about 500. (Started out with something like 1200 and started back in March or so, I think - I removed the Christmas CDs from the list for this project, because while I'm weirdly obsessive, I'm not a masochist. ... can one be a masochist to one's self? Would that make me both a masochist and a sadist? Wow, such food for thought.)

I end up weeding some out - I have a lot of CDs I picked up used because of one or two songs that I love, but some end up being so horrible that I'll just rip the one or two songs back onto my computer and then ditch the CD. Sometimes it takes a year or so for me to come to my senses.

If I didn't do this, I think there would be a LOT of stuff I would just never listen to. Like yesterday, I listened to both discs of Joe Jackson's greatest hits set. It was lovely. But not something I reach for every day.

However, this does mean that I go into obsessive mode and don't really allow myself to listen to newer stuff more than once. I'll buy a new CD, listen to it, and then go back to my project, and don't feel like I can go back and listen to it again until I'm done with my project.

..... I have issues.

That sounds like a good project.

not the person who used to post here named jack in the box. they were cool.

This is true.

That sounds like a good project. .

The part that drives me crazy is how long it takes to rip the CDs onto my iPod. It's my one complaint about my laptop - it is painfully slow at ripping CDs. My old computer, the whole thing would be done in a minute or two. It takes at least three times as long now, and I have more issues with the drive not even recognizing that there's a CD in there.

I have a lot of this stuff on my iPod already, of course, but I don't want to have to worry about "which songs from this album did I want to keep on the pod, again?", so I just load the whole thing and mark each album title with an * at the end, so they're easy to identify and delete when I've listened to them.

I'm going through all the 2011 albums I've listened to right now. Then I'll jump back into where I stopped listening to new shit, which I guess was at the beginning of August.

What happens when you finish this listening quest?

180px-Ywtrophy.jpg

I can't get out. I've tried. The closest I came to it was last summer when I was the assistant project manager. At least when I was on the phone, it was my own decision. I've worked in call centers for 6 goddamn years and it's done nothing but drive me up the fucking wall. I need a degree to try to get out. Well, I'd need to go back to school. And I don't make enough at my shitty job to pay for tuition, but according to the government, I make too much to qualify for grants. I'm stuck where I am and I have absolutely no interest in doing this for the rest of my life. I don't know what to do. I don't want to be paying student loans for the rest of my life either, but if I had a job that didn't strangle the life out of me, it might not be so bad.

Whatever you do, do not try to get a degree online. Not that you would do that anyways, but the for-profit "universities" are always looking to prey on those who think that they have no other options. My advice would be to dump the job and go to school in earnest, at a legitimate university. It won't be fun - I say this having spent many years as an under-employed graduate student - but it will raise your long-term employment prospects.

Is it wrong for someone to have £7500 remaining on their student loan repayments, then to emigrate and skip out on paying the rest off?

Good to know, the fact that the total repayments remaining went UP after the first year of payments due to interest played a part in the decision.

It was also a standard government student loan, so I doubt others will be refused loans. Fight the power.

It was also a standard government student loan, so I doubt others will be refused loans.

Our government has entertained the idea of curtailing student loans due to deadbeats people who thought they needn't pay back what they borrowed in good faith.

Fight the power.

"The power" put your sorry ass through school, so fight it all you want.

I like the idea that one must touch themselves awkwardly to become a deputy, it gives a lot of insight into your nickname. :wink:

DEAL WITH IT, DANNY BOY. DEAL WITH lT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BY THE WAY, YOU NEED A NICKNAME. I HATE CALLING YOU DANNY BOY FOR SOME REASON. I WAS GOING TO CALL YOU "DB" THE OTHER DAY, BUT REALIZED THAT MAY HAVE BEEN TAKEN THE WRONG WAY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom