Random Music Talk XLII: Championship Vinyl Aux Holes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jive Turkey said:
At the very least it shows that they acknowledge that they have to get their shit together (I'm a fan of NLOTH though)

Agreed and I think NLOTH is a step in the right direction, whether they keep going into new territory or back off with something safe is the big question for the next album.

As long as they are moving away from the idea that relevancy = desperate to have another big smash pop hit, then I am thrilled with that statement.

We'll see how they feel about that sentiment in another two years.

Now, for something completely off-topic:

For those who do not know, I work in Canada's wild, wild west and moved here from Montreal almost 3 years ago. Today is my last day at my current employer, as I was offered a tremendous opportunity on the east coast.

I will begin my long drive out east on Monday, and hope to do some of it through the U.S., which means visiting states I have not yet had the pleasure of seeing - Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, Illinois etc. This will please GAF, as if I plan on taking in a White Sox game on Thursday or Friday before continuing on my journey.

So I will not be on here much over the next few weeks, but I'm looking forward to the experience! :)

Can't say I put much stock in what Bono says or that I'm anticipating a bold new direction.

What I do hope is that they bust out a few 'Pop' tunes for the next tour instead of continuing to give that album black sheep status.

Here's an idea: get out of the comfort zone; living the high life on the Riviera or Malibu. The band should seclude themselves like they did in Fez but with more resolve to retain the integrity of the initial sound they come uP with. And maybe do some traveling together before writing; get some fresh perspctive and inspirato.

Maybe somewhere in South America, like Peru or Chile? Or even Cuba, though I imagine anything related to Poppycock is off the table. Egypt?

I hope they spend less than 12 years in the studio hashing out their next project.

Depeche Mode covering U2 sounds awesome, although Dave Gahan apparently does not know how to pronounce Bono's name. And he loves Get on Your Boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom