Random Music Talk XLII: Championship Vinyl Aux Holes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, ever song exists on the bonus disc.

But yeah, I never listen to Three Imaginary Boys, and no one ever should.

I listen to it. :mad:

:wink:

Really, though, for me it is about a stubborn and not entirely rational desire to adhere to the band's canon. Boys Don't Cry is a compilation, after all.

Well, ever song exists on the bonus disc.

But yeah, I never listen to Three Imaginary Boys, and no one ever should.

Killing an Arab is not on the remaster, I think because RS fears having his throat slit in the middle of the night. I actually bought a Cure Greatest Hits album from Ukraine just to get the remastered version of KAA.

I'm pretty sure that RS had total creative control over the remasters, so it's interesting that he left TIB as is. He also killed off Japanese Whispers, which was also a compilation of sorts.

Killing an Arab is not on the remaster, I think because RS fears having his throat slit in the middle of the night. I actually bought a Cure Greatest Hits album from Ukraine just to get the remastered version of KAA.

I'm pretty sure that RS had total creative control over the remasters, so it's interesting that he left TIB as is. He also killed off Japanese Whispers, which was also a compilation of sorts.

Killing an Arab was on Boys Don't Cry, not 3 Imaginary Boys. The Remaster was for 3 Imaginary Boys, not Boys Don't Cry.

All I know is that Fire In Cairo is one of my favorite Cure tracks. Grinding Halt is pretty high up there too.

It's strange as well that The Walk, The Lovecats, and Let's Go to Bed do not appear on the reissues, but Charlotte Sometimes does.

It's strange as well that The Walk, The Lovecats, and Let's Go to Bed do not appear on the reissues, but Charlotte Sometimes does.

You have to get Greatest Hits to get the remastered versions of those tracks. Between that and Join the Dots, Japanese Whispers is covered.

And that remaster of Charlotte Sometimes sounds bloody awful.

The '80's compilation, 'Staring at the Sea', was actually my first Cure "cd". Even though it was a compilation, I probably would have told you it was one of my all time favorite "cd's", for years and years. Such a good compilation. I even like how it was paced, which is so rare for comps / greatest hits.

I like to stare at the sea.

Don't know much about the Cure, though. I know their big singles, and like most of them.

The '80's compilation, 'Staring at the Sea', was actually my first Cure "cd". Even though it was a compilation, I probably would have told you it was one of my all time favorite "cd's", for years and years. Such a good compilation. I even like how it was paced, which is so rare for comps / greatest hits.

They are one of those rare bands who had both a rock-solid singles discography and stunningly coherent albums. You can't say that for many Post-Punk or New Wave bands.

There's a thread for essentially everything, but it's sort of a lost cause.

martha said:
Isn't there a Cure thread somewhere?

99% of these and similar questions are asked by people who hate the band in question.

Note that even Scumbo jumped on board with this discussion without protest.

martha said:
You caught me.

Elementary, my dear Martha.

Class is taking forever to staaaart. It's not like I want to be doing a sociology/criminology course at 7 PM as it is.

I can't remember if I've ever heard Separation Sunday...I feel like I have. Anyways, I feel like rocking a bit, let's do this.

The Cure is one of those bands I've never tried to get into. The few songs I've sampled ... they just seem slightly out of my taste range, for lack of a better way of putting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom