Random Music Talk XL: Slappin' Bitches With Vik

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fyf-fest-2011.jpg

Can someone explain why every festival poster has to be like one of those Eye Test Charts at the Optometrist's office?

I am covering my right eye and I can read the line with Ty Segall and AVI Buffalo, but after that, I need corrective lenses. And those bands are fucked unless you have 20/20.

All one has to do is make a simple hierarchy. If you get to see at least 6 bands you want, you've won. Especially for $35.

1. Guided By Voices.
2. Death From Above
3. Girls
4. Explosions in The Sky
5. Cults
6. Descendents
7. Olivia Tremor Control
8. Cass McCombs

etc.

Not discounting the line up - just the style of every festival poster out there.

I usually judge the festivals by the number of Oh's (usually increasing in volume) the poster gets as I read through it. Six or more for $35 works.

I think the last line reads "Fortunate sons, Pouring rain, Marijuana Partners and stand up comedian." Looks like I am moving to coke bottle lenses.

I thought the third one was "Touching Panties".

Guess I'm in for a big disappointment.

Also, what if that last one was like eight different bands covering the Shuttlecock song? That would be torture.

Also, what if that last one was like eight different bands covering the Shuttlecock song? That would be torture.

Maybe if they replaced the U2 lyrics with the actual Shuttlecock lyrics - but otherwise, torture.

Can someone link me to the lyrics thread?

After a day of driving to West Texas, I walk in the house, turn on the TV, and there's Bono on AC360 back to saving the world again. :heart:

360, ha

Was it just me, or was Our Man not looking into the camera for most of the interview? I noticed it with K'naan as well. It was driving me crazy.

The full interview is online; I watched that one. I'm not sure how much of it aired on AC's show.

I've never listened to a full Morrissey solo album. Don't know why. The guy is incredible.

The most recent song of his I remember hearing was "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" and that was pretty fucking awesome.

I hadn't heard "First of the Gang" in a long time, but I remembered loving it, but not liking the music much. Couldn't remember what it was that I disliked about them til I just relistened to it. Still, great great song, but he does say some stupid stuff in it.

I've never listened to a full Morrissey solo album. Don't know why. The guy is incredible.

The most recent song of his I remember hearing was "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" and that was pretty fucking awesome.

I would start with Your Arsenal. The most rocking, some nice production from former Bowie corhort Mick Ronson.

Was it just me, or was Our Man not looking into the camera for most of the interview? I noticed it with K'naan as well. It was driving me crazy.

The full interview is online; I watched that one. I'm not sure how much of it aired on AC's show.

Funny that you say "Our Man" - a friend just forwarded me the link with the subject "Your Guy."

I didn't really notice the not-looking-into-the camera thing. I just thought he seemed so upset. Maybe he had to look away to think clearly.

Got in my rental car this morning and the first thing I saw was AUX in big clear letters. I LOL'd.

Then I got tired of listening to music. 60 GBs of music and I couldn't find anything to listen to. I drove the last two hours in silence.

:crack:...I've driven to Texas more times than I can count now, and I could never do it without SOME form of audio accompaniment.

Then I got tired of listening to music. 60 GBs of music and I couldn't find anything to listen to. I drove the last two hours in silence.

:lol::lol: don't you hate that? that really pisses me off. i try shuffle but there's so many songs i don't want to listen to on my ipod i end up driving in silence too

Just watched the interview, and totally noticed that. Weird. Bono is scared to look Anderson Cooper in the eye for fear of falling under his silver-haired love spell.

I like that one K'naan song. It's got a good, happy, uplifting vibe. But doesn't come off as forced. At least to me.

It may not be a cool choice, but Everyday Is Like Sunday would be ridiculously high on my personal list.

Yes, definitely. It's a great song. My personal favorite Moz single, though, is Last of the Famous International Playboys.

I thought I'd never heard of K'naan until the Minneapolis show, but then remembered later that he did a song with Keane on that weird little EP they put out after their last weird album.

:lol::lol: don't you hate that? that really pisses me off. i try shuffle but there's so many songs i don't want to listen to on my ipod i end up driving in silence too

Oh man, that is the story of my life.

And by "life" I mean, "since I had an iPod."

My battery wears down so fast because I'm always hitting 'next' in shuffle mode, desperate to land on a song that I was dying to hear but didn't realize I was dying to hear it.

I need to stop going into The Other Place.

For real.

I just can't handle a forum where there are so many idiots who seem to lack the simplest reasoning and logic skills.

corianderstem said:
Oh man, that is the story of my life.

You're going to have an awesome obituary someday.

SHE COULD NEVER FIND ANYTHING TO LISTEN TO
SHE WAS A QUIET WOMAN

I subscribe to several podcasts, so if I get tired of music I either listen to one of those or turn on NPR. I can't stand to drive in silence.

I don't know what happened to my podcast subscriptions. I need to get them back. I keep forgetting and then on the road I'm all pissed off because I hate my 60GBs of music and I could be listening to NPR or Democracy Now or KCRW Morning Becomes Eclectic but no, I'm stuck doing the shuffle and wondering why I have the friggin Indigo Girls on my iPod.

Pretty much the main reason I listen solely to the radio. I never expect what's on, and I know the stations here well enough to have a good range of stuff to listen to from many different genres. I end up hearing so much stuff I would never had thought to listen to on my own, or would've had on an iPod in the first place.

I thought I'd never heard of K'naan until the Minneapolis show, but then remembered later that he did a song with Keane on that weird little EP they put out after their last weird album.

The ONLY good part of that EP. I've been in love with K'Naan ever since. At least someone cared about whether or not Keane went to hell in a handbasket and tried to stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom