Random Music Talk XCVIII: When the Music's Over...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, you. Yes, YOU.

Do you enjoy the musical stylings of Fitz and the Tantrums?

Wish they were occasionally more like the Black Keys?

Wish they were occasionally more 60s/70s?

Just wish that the follow-up album hadn't been more of an 80s album?

Might I interest you in...Caught A Ghost?

Exhibit A:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjSabjZ1zdQ

Exhibit B:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls8X0w0SyG4

Exhibit C:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaTQ3WRKo64

Interesting! nice intro as well. :)

Oh shit, and it's a free show. BANK!

EDIT: Oh, I see, it's a whole series of free shows. I need to be more aware of what's going on around here. BADBADNOTGOOD is going to be doing a show as well :hyper:

EDIT to the EDIT: On the same day as FYF Fest. Boo.

I know Caught A Ghost. The drummer is a good friend of mine, and my roommate's boyfriend. Nice to see they're getting some attention.

How did you hear about them, Ashley?

They were on Amazon's Artists on the Rise list this month, or last month, I can't remember which. I listen to their playlist every month, and I really enjoyed the single. Turns out the album held up as well. That's really awesome that you know so many people that are getting some success in the music industry, btw. I'll be sure to go to the concert and pick something up if they have merch.

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough is a great song, but that muttering/spoken word bit at the beginning is creepy as hell.

Don't Stop Til You Get Enough is a great song, but that muttering/spoken word bit at the beginning is creepy as hell.

It's a window into Michael Jackson's mental state.

At the start of the track, he's on the verge of falling into a psychotic state with dire consequences for himself and those around him, but then the beat takes over his body and JAMON! JAMON! HEEE HEEEE

Billie Jean might be slightly better.

DSTYGE and Rock With You are unbelievably good singles though. Off the Wall is a damn solid record, discounting Girlfriend, the first of several horrendous MJ/McCartney collaborations.

Yeah, Billie Jean is the only song that I think you could make a case for. But even the best thing on Thriller has a plasticity and lack of soul compared to the OfF The Wall material.

Billie Jean is my fave track of his, no doubt. And I do really like the Thriller title track if the time and mood is right.

I was slightly disappointed to discover that Billie Jean's bass line was copped from I Can't Go For That, but it's still a classic (both songs are, actually).

Last edited:
I know Caught A Ghost. The drummer is a good friend of mine, and my roommate's boyfriend. Nice to see they're getting some attention.

How did you hear about them, Ashley?

Nice! I just bought their album. Hopefully it will help with your roommates portion of the rent.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using U2 Interference mobile app

Pretty excited to get this new Jack White album in the mail tomorrow and give it some spins. Been avoiding the reviews and the dedicated thread here.

One of the things I like best about my job is ten weeks away from my co-workers every year.

One of my co-workers was excited about LL Cool J rapping something with Hugh Jackman on the Tony awards last night. She said it was "cool."

Seven more days.

Anything new on the U2 front?

(Legitimate question. I could go skim the new album thread for a minute but don't feel like doing that tonight.)

Bono sang about food to Mario Batali or some such nonsense this week. I didn't go into the other place; I just saw it on Twitter. I figure if that's the U2 news of the week then they are nowhere on the new album.

Anyway, World Cup in three days so who gives a fuck.

Hey, you. Yes, YOU.

Do you enjoy the musical stylings of Fitz and the Tantrums?

Wish they were occasionally more like the Black Keys?

Wish they were occasionally more 60s/70s?

Just wish that the follow-up album hadn't been more of an 80s album?

Might I interest you in...Caught A Ghost?

Listening to their album stream on Hype Machine right now. Not bad at all.

Back
Top Bottom