Random Music Talk XCVI - Counting Down Cobbler's Return to America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Imps, LMP, peef or anyone else could recommend a hostel for downtown Austin, let me know...

How in the everloving fuck would peef know anything about Austin? He's a little Pennsylvania shithead who thinks way too highly of his own opinions on sports. How the fuck would he know about weird lodging situations in Texas?

The guy has drank several tanker trucks of cheap beer in four years. Who's to say he hasn't woken up in Austin once or twice?

I was really hoping Couchsurfing would be a goer but the website/community is too huge now. Figure hostels are my best bet for meeting people and doing a bit of partying given I'm not doing a tour.

Not sure about Kasabian headlining, otherwise that's a pretty respectable lineup.

Primavera Sound still has the best line-up, so no surprises there.

Primavera-Lineup-608x808.jpg

Why? Performing one album presumes a shorter set anyway (festivals rarely give you special encores even for headliners), and they're in the third slot. That's pretty high for a band that has never been enormously successful, especially in Spain. Respected and beloved by people who know their music? Sure, but there are plenty of bands with that criteria who are lower even on that list.

That line-up is amazing, so it seems awfully weird to nitpick about that.

Man, this Jack White LOVE IS BLINDNESS cover rules on so many levels. Haven't listened to it in a long time.

I think I said this when it was first released, but one of the big reasons I like it is because it confirms the fact that Jack actually likes and/or appreciates U2. Because for a while there, if you would have asked me "Do you think Jack White likes U2?" I would have said fuck no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom