Random Music Talk XCVI - Counting Down Cobbler's Return to America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know you're old when the highlight of your last two weekends has been cooking in your new crock pot.....

Funny you say that. I've always strayed away from crock pots until last weekend. I made this epic black bean chicken recipe.

Oh, I rigged it myself. I can jam to kitchen tunes all day, although my iPod ends up emitting an oniony smell for days afterward.

Apparently one of my coworkers brought a crockpot to work once and plugged it into the inverter in the ambulance and it caught on fire.

I've set a stereo on fire. I want to say it was a funny story, but that's pretty much where the story ends.

I thought they were the same person.

Note mine has nothing to do with America's favorite sleep aid. I mean pastime.

I mean, it's no coincidence that they were inducted a few years after Clarence Clemons' death. The myth and stature surrounding the band, not to mention album sales, skyrocketed following his passing.

Had Clarence lived, he woudn't be as big as Gary W. Tallent or Roy Bittan.

I got an email from Proflowers this morning telling me I need a Windows computer and Internet Explorer now to order flowers from them. Mac and Safari are incompatible with their new ordering software.

I don't even know what year to reference as a joke. IE!???

Comparing Talking Heads to The Cars is pretty grievous, IWB. :wink:

Not really. Two great bands.

Not sure how they could get mixed up though. It's pretty difficult to miss when David Byrne is singing.

I got an email from Proflowers this morning telling me I need a Windows computer and Internet Explorer now to order flowers from them. Mac and Safari are incompatible with their new ordering software.

I don't even know what year to reference as a joke. IE!???

I might have AOL trial discs lying around that I could send your way.

I do actually find it soothing sometimes to smoke a hitter, put some James Taylor on the headphones, and watch the final round of The Masters on an HD television.

With or without yoooooooooooou

With or without you my love

Oh we'll shine like stars in the summer night. Oh we'll shine like stars and be alright. One heart. One hope. One love.

It's shitty quality, but the 1992-03-18 East Rutherford version is something else. They actually finish the song and then get back to it and Edge keeps on soloing. Shine Like Stars is there of course. The first leg of ZooTV had the spectacle, but with a bit of a Lovetown-ish loose, improvisational feel to it as well. Good stuff.

Fuck the share your original music thread, JNP deserves their own in B&C. Less likely that a mod would close it if somebody else started it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom