Random Music Talk XCVI - Counting Down Cobbler's Return to America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any advice on things to do in Indianapolis? It's crazy how very little time I have ever spent here.

Is IWB having a stroke?

I wasn't until I remembered how awful resto Druids were to kill during wrath. Then total stroke.

/more jokes non gamers don't get

And it looked in context when I thought I'd quoted the peaches doesn't like Mondays team name.

I rented a car there once. It was at the airport. Have a blast with that.

bart-on-the-road.jpg

Hello LA friends, after some help again... there's shuttles running from LAX to Coachella, for $70 return. I figure this will be my best option...? Also, camping opens the day before if I'm not mistaken? So I can get there on the Thursday?

Also... will it be easy enough to buy interstate flights when I'm over there? Or should I book before I leave in a few days' time?

Regarding "With Or Without You", what are the chances that song is a direct response to Harry Nilsson's "Without You''?

What are the thoughts here on KISS?

I only know the singles, and they seem pretty derivative, but I dig the hell out of that little bass riff in "Detroit Rock City."

Anyone have any advice on things to do in Indianapolis? It's crazy how very little time I have ever spent here.

Even if you're not into auto racing, I think the Indianapolis 500 museum is well worth checking out. I mean, the city's not known for much else.

I only know the singles, and they seem pretty derivative, but I dig the hell out of that little bass riff in "Detroit Rock City."

KISS sucks. With or without make-up.

I like the first KISS album a lot and a few songs from subsequent albums. Cold Gin and Black Diamond are my favorites. They're an OK band but I wouldn't call them a favorite.

Early albums are pretty good up through say Love Gun. Entertaining in concert if you're considering seeing them, but they lost me when I saw them play with Aerosmith (2003) and Tommy Thayer came out in Ace Frehley's makeup. Haven't seen them since.
But they will deliver a decent bang for the buck in concert. Ace was always the main reason I liked them and when they put an Ace imitator onstage that was it for me.
Actually saw them do a club show in the early 90's with Bruce Kulick and Eric Singer, no makeup, no stage show, no fire, no blood spitting and it was very good.

Went to Amoeba last night and holy shit. LA is pretty cool. On my way to Indio now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom