Random Music Talk XCVI - Counting Down Cobbler's Return to America

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobbler should go watch a baseball game too. The Yankees and Mets alternate their schedules, so one of them will be in town. Citi Field is nicer than Yankees stadium, but (1) you're much closer to the Bronx and (2) the Yankees are a better team.

Look, if you get the chance to see The Knife do one of these Shaking the Habitual shows, you damn well better.

Thanks heaps Gump, I'll send you a pm... I think The Knife are playing at Terminal 5 when I'm there. I hated Shaking the Habitual but supposedly they're one of these gotta-see acts.

There's a lot of feedback and hype that U2 will be next.

Look, if you get the chance to see The Knife do one of these Shaking the Habitual shows, you damn well better.
Yes!

Not much live music going on but it's just an awesome show. I went crazy during the final few songs, especially Full of Fire and Silent Shout. Did they also do that weird aerobics intro?

Yeah, I can't say I'm not disappointed that we don't get a full Robyn album, but I'm still excited and also excited to see them in July.

I don't know whether this would be considered an unpopular opinion, but my pick for best Bob Dylan song would be One More Cup of Coffee. That minor key and violin bring out the mysticism in the lyrics brilliantly.

Jimmy Fallon's first Tonight Show is on TV and I just caught U2's performance. I was on vacation at the time, so hadn't watched it until now.

I never had strong feelings about it, but I felt anger building as I watched U2. What a huge fucking missed opportunity for them with all the exposure they were getting early this year. It's just so stupid.

Jimmy Fallon's first Tonight Show is on TV and I just caught U2's performance. I was on vacation at the time, so hadn't watched it until now.

I never had strong feelings about it, but I felt anger building as I watched U2. What a huge fucking missed opportunity for them with all the exposure they were getting early this year. It's just so stupid.

Exactly. U2 and I are pretty much like a couple weeks before they decide to break up. It's rocky right now. One more blunder and I'm out.

Jimmy Fallon made him give a sermon about the mug. Or something.

When I saw the tweet about how Fallon was going to rerun the premiere show tonight, my thought was "Oh good, a chance to get pissed off all over again."

This is probably the lowest/most unenthused I've felt about U2 since I've been a fan. I know I'll come back around when things actually happen, but I finally tipped past mild frustration into "oh, fuck this U2 thing, fuck that U2 thing, fuck this U2 thing in particular."

I see pictures of Bono and I go like this now:

r0yzgg.gif

Soon enough, (or never) I'll be back to this:

cmt-medium.gif

Also, when I finally got through to baggage claim, Redfoo was sitting against a pillar, in full garb, just smiling at people walking past.

I am in Hollywood. Great to be back, although jesus, going through customs at LAX is still just as intimidating as ever.
Yeah I remember being surprised with the security when I was in JFK a few years ago. Do they really need all my fingerprints and both my eye(print)s?

You're travelling on your own, right cobbler? I think that's pretty cool. Not sure if I'd ever dare to do that.

Yeah. No one else was keen to spend thousands just to go and see Outkast and I love meeting new people. My parents freaked the fuck out though.

The dude with the afro and stupid glasses from LMFAO.

At least LAX is easy to get around. Had to transfer from domestic to international at Sydney and the bus ride between the two was nearly as long as the fucking flight from Melbourne.

Anyway I'm gonna go explore and get some beer.

The dude with the afro and stupid glasses from LMFAO.

At least LAX is easy to get around. Had to transfer from domestic to international at Sydney and the bus ride between the two was nearly as long as the fucking flight from Melbourne.

Anyway I'm gonna go explore and get some beer.

Why the fuck did you take the bus at Sydney airport? The train is all of like ten minutes. Friggin'.

So it was 70 degrees out earlier, which is fine since it's mid-April. But that was 12 hrs ago. Now it is snowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom