Random Music Talk XCIX - Hating on Mediocre Australian Bands with Keiran and the Gang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say there's a lot you can skip in season 1, Ashley. There are some real clunkers there. Might make it easier for you to get moving on it.

I can't wait for my neighbors to run out of fireworks for the year.

In true American style, I got more liquored up than I'd ever been, and then did fireworks at like 12:30am.

Sent from my iPad using U2 Interference to piss off Cobbler

Random Music Talk XCIX - Hating on Mediocre Australian Bands with Keiran and ...

Oh my neighbors stopped by 11 the last two nights here in suburbia (given the fact that pretty much every store in town closes by 10, that's late for the average resident), it's just that this is night 3...

Random Music Talk XCIX - Hating on Mediocre Australian Bands with Keiran and ...

You would not like Utah (for many reasons probably). We have two legal firework holidays in July, 4th and 24th, so people do fireworks pretty much all month

Remind me about White Lung later this month.

I heard BadBadNotGood (or whatever the hell their name is) playing at Fingerprints when I went down there to pick up the Eno/Hyde thing. Remind me to look into them further later this month.

I mean it when I say remind me. Someone be sure to do it.

Cloud Boat. Dumb name but decent sound. NPR music is streaming their second album currently.

Sent from my AT300 using U2 Interference mobile app

Just heard Deap Vally's Walk of Shame on a T-Mobil commercial during the World Cup. That's some serious exposure.

Yeah that's pretty sweet. Up til now they haven't had much opportunity in that regard. Got a song on one of the True Blood soundtracks but this is much bigger.

The first shot is of the indie club The Echo, a few blocks from my house.

I wouldn't mind putting my Face Do--

Sorry. Good stuff.

You would not like Utah (for many reasons probably). We have two legal firework holidays in July, 4th and 24th, so people do fireworks pretty much all month
what's so special about july 24-ohhhh.

they're illegal to buy in this state (unless we're talking about those little tiny thingies you throw on the ground and go "pop!"...apparently they have a million names like bang snaps and poppers). still saw a huge fireworks display at the end of my street last night though.

RANDOM FIREWORK TALK

I'm listening to Talk Talk's Spirit of Eden on headphones right now. I had forgotten how good this album is. :drool:

One of my favorite bands; the run from The Colour of Spring to Mark Hollis' solo album is absolutely perfect. It's My Life has a brilliant first half but falls off pretty hard. I haven't heard the debut.

i've never heard the party's over, but i loved the crap out of talk talk (the song) when i was a teenager. perfect synthpop.

i just finished listening to metamatic and that album is so amazing. i can't believe i'd spent so long not liking john foxx. does anyone else on here like him? i just mean because i don't think i've ever heard john foxx (or ultravox) ever talked about on the forums.

I've never really gotten into Ultravox, but Vienna is a classic. It's so ridiculous and over the top while somehow managing to sound totally cold and distant. New Romantic in a single track.

yeah, vienna is easily the quintessential early 80s song. it's not my favourite of theirs (i love the vienna album, but other than that i haven't been able to get into the midge ure incarnation) but if someone were to ask me why i love that kind of music so freaking much, i'd probably just play them that song. they'd either get it or not.

Back
Top Bottom