Random Music Talk XCIII: IN-VIII-SI-COCK!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally, I think that's coming from Coldplay's very strong Kraftwerk influence, which is what you were saying, influence of an influence. What I'm saying is, I don't think that means it's going to sound any less like Coldplay to people that make that association.

It kind of almost sort of has some of the electronic influence that Mylo Xyloto does...if you're not listening closely at all.

Personally, I think that's coming from Coldplay's very strong Kraftwerk influence, which is what you were saying, influence of an influence. What I'm saying is, I don't think that means it's going to sound any less like Coldplay to people that make that association.

I think I'm starting to see what you're saying... but I've also been up for 20 hours straight, time for bed. Though remind where CP has a Kraftwerk influence outside of X&Y.

Invisible reminds people of Coldplay? :crack:

If you're one of those people who thinks Coldplay's the only popular band to ever use synths or keys, I can see this.

But if you know anything about music, it's just a baffling comparison.

It just shits me how often I hear people respond to any piano or synth-led song with "oh this is like Coldplay!"

Well that's what you get when you go into The Other Place. The sheer ignorance of music not by U2 or Coldplay or the Killers on display in there is mind-boggling.

I dunno, I think you're seeing what you want to see. PLENTY of people were comparing the song to OMD from the gate. (which, imo, is a fickle comparison to begin with)

Missed all the fun here yesterday due to my Superb Owl Sunday traditional festivities.
Invisible is much much better than Ordinary Love. Actually heard it twice on the rdio in the car, once on the drive to CT and once just before arriving back home in the wee hours of the morning. Thats 2 more times already than I heard Ordinary Song on the radio so thats a positive sign.

Commercial was good, many of the other commercials this year sucked (I'll head to the NFL thread to dazzle folks with my insightful insights).

Is it possible to have a food hangover? if so, I have one. Blah.

Listened to the two songs Sun Kil Moon has released for this new album, didn't exactly love them, but I guess I'll check the album out on Spotify this week or something.

According to Last FM, I listened to Invisible 10 times in the last 24 hours.

It's funny listening to Ordinary Love and Invisible next to each other. Invisible just blows it away and I say that as someone who actually likes Ordinary Love.

Among the people I follow on Twitter and Facebook, even those who I know are not big U2 fans have mentioned how they downloaded Invisible, thought it was a good song, and applauded the charity angle. No real complaints about the Bank of America association that I could see, which I found surprising.

It's a good song. I love the intro, but I hate the ending. I don't know if it's because of the edit or not, but the song just peters out at the end and seems unfinished to me.

Don't worry, Bono's lining up a few dozen producers as we speak to finish it.

Are people expecting the full video for Invisible to be posted once the free download expires?

I wasn't sure whether they had ever said when the video would be released, but I can't think of a scenario where waiting would make much sense.

Bono is lining up some new producers to finish it. :wink: Its due out in June (2016)

Back
Top Bottom