Random Music Talk XCII: Shadow Recruit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_n01gdnOiuc1shmpl6o1_500.jpg

How fucking Macklemore beats good kid and Yeezus is fucking beyond me. Glad I don't watch this shit.

I like Macklemore, so that part doesn't bother me. It's just that I LOVE KENDRICK and really wanted him to win. At the concert I went to, Kanye ranted extensively about the fact that none of his 21 Grammys were won against a white artist. I'm curious to see what he's going to say, if anything, about tonight's Macklemore win.

In case any of these closed-minded old fart posts are directed at me...

I still listen to plenty of new music, I just think that Imagine Dragons is horrible generic alt rock.

Incidentally, I kind of liked the first Young the Giant album, but I got the new one last week and it sounds like Imagine Dragons.

If anything you're stuck in a pre-Haim world. Contemporize, man!!! :wink:

OK, earlier I thought they showed the wrong clip during "Roar"'s nomination. But...what the hell are these clips?

OK, nevermind, Sean Lennon, Yoko AND Taylor need to have a dance-off.

Sean was especially amazing for realizing that the camera was on him and getting super embarrassed.

How people live their lives is their own business, but, I have to say, a huge pet peeve of mine lately is reading or hearing comments from people my age whose tastes in music atrophied a long time ago, commenting about how "there is no more good music out there". This, as they're out the door to catch a fucking Bon Jovi concert. It's one thing to close up shop and stick with what you loved in HS or college, it's another to bury your head in the sand and then cast aspersions on an entire industry. And I fucking love the songs from my HS and college years as much now as then, it's just that there's room for more.

Again, at the end of the day, why I'd let a thing like this irk me even one iota eludes me, but I cannot pretend that it doesn't. I'm relegating my rant to this place, though, to the one group of people that haven't or won't fall into this trap. So it's useless venting, but, there you have it.

Maybe if I had a wife and kids I'd have less time/ability/desire to find new shit to listen to, I don't know.

They tend to be the same people that never moved from their hometowns.

I just don't understand why people have to talk like someone who likes something you don't as sub-par people, or something. That's just my musical pet peeve.

It's hard for me to give full human respect to Bon Jovi fans, try as I might.

It's an upset, definitely.

I'm just glad I don't have to hear that asshole go on and on about how he did everything himself...except ship millions of records out of his garage.

Surprised Metallica's not playing at least a bit of something by Lou Reed. I was expecting them to. Instead, they're going to destroy "One". :sigh: ahh well.

This performance is trash. Way out of sync, Hammet is playing a different song, Lars drums like a jackass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom