Random Music Talk LXXXVIII: Don't mention your vacations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it's a night for some random music while I study Japanese for absolutely no classes I am in, but simply because I am a nerd.

Playing my mix station on Last.fm has led to the discovery of a few bands for me, let's see what it offers tonight :hyper:

Well, I'm sold. I'll buy twenty!

(Also, I understood like 1/3rd of that. Just enough to be horribly, horribly confused, but still understand the crux of the commercial)

So is this Arcade Fire concert special really airing after snl? My local tv listings don't show it...though it wouldn't be the first time they were wrong.

Hey, Laz (and anyone else who might care, for that matter), I kept meaning to write up my thoughts on Riot Fest and I never got around to it, but "Ceremony" just came on and I meant to say something about seeing Peter Hook live. I don't know if your interested, since he fluctuates between playing a Joy Division set with a New Order set, but if you get the opportunity, I'd check it out, were I you. We saw him at 11:30 in the afternoon and he was already crazy loose, so I imagine his later shows are even more interesting. He seemed to be having a great time up there, his singing voice isn't bad and he just absolutely killed it on the bass....when he played it. That might have been my only complaint: Apparently he can't play bass and sing at the same time, but he had like, solo moments, every now and again. I don't think I've ever seen anyone windmill on the bass before.

Anyways, it was a really good time, except for at the end when he pulled his shirt off. Some men...should just realize that no one ever...ever needs to see that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom