Random Music Talk LXXXVIII: Don't mention your vacations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to The Kinks' debut album right now...You Really Got Me is placed in the dead center of the record, following a whole bunch of generic 60s whatever, and it really sounds like an epiphany. A perfect track. The moment hard rock was born.

It's not that good, at all, but boy does it sound that way relative to the rest of this. It still blows my mind that someone came up with that riff in 1964. It even managed to beat the Sonics by a year.

I feel that way about Please Please Me too, somewhat. The album is just OK, but the title track is incredible. Not just a few sparks but a big-ass fire.

The first four J&MC albums are incredible, imo. I haven't heard the others. Maybe someday.

In fact, I'll listen to them the minute they go-ahead and actually release a new album.

JT's playfulness registers as calculated and manufactured to me while Kanye's legitimately feels like an extension of him. Sure, they both have cultivated images; I just feel that Kanye reeks of authenticity... which is what makes him a greater artist than JT.

Not a knock on the guy at all, I don't feel that they're comparable.

The first four J&MC albums are incredible, imo. I haven't heard the others. Maybe someday.

In fact, I'll listen to them the minute they go-ahead and actually release a new album.

You are really missing out. I know many JAMC (the preferred acronym) fans who swear by Stoned & Dethroned. It's my personal favorite at this point, even if it's a very mellow affair. Think of it as their self-titled Velvet Underground album. Plus it has that duet with Hope Sandoval from Mazzy Star:

The Jesus And Mary Chain - Sometimes Always - Video - YouTube

Munki is a great swan song that gets back to the noisier pop-rock (one of its tracks was on my DI list), and in-between there are EPs and b-side collections.

Seriously guys, Darkside is petty damn great.

As are the first few weeks of semester. Beer and stuff you know....

4614599147_d75e141853_o.png

You are really missing out. I know many JAMC (the preferred acronym) fans who swear by Stoned & Dethroned. It's my personal favorite at this point, even if it's a very mellow affair. Think of it as their self-titled Velvet Underground album. Plus it has that duet with Hope Sandoval from Mazzy Star:

The Jesus And Mary Chain - Sometimes Always - Video - YouTube

Munki is a great swan song that gets back to the noisier pop-rock (one of its tracks was on my DI list), and in-between there are EPs and b-side collections.

I have no aversion to listening to them whatsoever, I just keep hoping that they're really going to release that new album. Because, the minute I listen to those two albums, that'll be it. Nothing more to discover. I hate that moment with a band I love. That's why I stopped myself, the afternoon that I almost listened to all of the albums in one go.

But, now that we're talking about it again, I'm probably going to listen to them and then the dream will die.

I started reading that with an eye-roll in Frankie's direction (if this is even a real letter, of course), but by the end, I thought that was fairly well-written and a decent point.

Hahaha one of my posts is used for the Interference app in the iTunes store. And not even a good or remotely relevant one. What are the chances lol.

null_zps8c6ce68f.png

I just updated to iOS 7. Not sold on it yet. But I had to download it to get Tinder, which is a fun app... anyone used it?

I like that the screen shot they used is such a rather negative one. Really prepares the use for what they're going to experience.

I like that the screen shot they used is such a rather negative one. Really prepares the use for what they're going to experience.

hahaha I was thinking the same thing. Too bad there isn't room for a click style pile on

We should bump the thread to attack the person Cobbler was referring to.

Hahaha one of my posts is used for the Interference app in the iTunes store. And not even a good or remotely relevant one. What are the chances lol.

I just updated to iOS 7. Not sold on it yet. But I had to download it to get Tinder, which is a fun app... anyone used it?

Hahahahaha. That's so fitting. Friggin cobbler is the App Store face of interference.

null_zps8c6ce68f.png

Phones look weird in Australia. Optus? Ha!

Also, I have no idea how to post pictures from my phone on this website.

Optus sucks too. I can't access the internet in certain parts of Melbourne, even when I've got full 3G reception. It won't load. Infuriating.

I just have the photobucket app. You upload a pic to your album, go to album, select the pic, then there's an icon in the bottom right corner that has an

I listened to Shaking the Habitual this morning and put comments in that thread. I'm now listening to Push the Sky Away and will put my comments in that thread. I will now hit "Post Quick Reply."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom