Random Music Talk LXXXVI: SCUBA Is Reporting for Duty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the last thread:

NSW said:
It's just a tag line from an old series of Under Armour commercials. The spots themselves were kind of unintentionally funny/intense. Some of us find it comical.

Popmartjin seems to think it is the most comical thing ever.

Speaking of The Cure, I am really contemplating buying a Sunday pass just to see them. I despise Lolla, mostly on account of the hoards of people who go just to be seen, but I fear this might be my only chance to see Robert & co.

Speaking of The Cure, I am really contemplating buying a Sunday pass just to see them. I despise Lolla, mostly on account of the hoards of people who go just to be seen, but I fear this might be my only chance to see Robert & co.

Huh, I thought you already had tickets. Yeah, do that. The last three acts of the day are easily worth $100 to me, with Wild Nothing and Wavves being icing on the cake.

I tried but got shut out. Now there are a hundred plus available on Craigslist, many for cheaper than face value. I may have lucked out.

Keepers from Speakerboxxx/Love Below after my first listen to the album in over 6 years:

GhettoMusick
Unhappy
Bowtie
The Way You Move
Church
Flip Flop Rock
Reset
Happy Valentine's Day
Spread
Prototype
Hey Ya
Roses
Take Off Your Cool
Vibrate
A Life in the Day of Benjamin André

Even with this track listing, it wouldn't be their best album by any stretch because the chemistry isn't there and Three Stacks' rapping >>>>>>>>>>> his singing, but it would be very strong, and both albums are quite good on their own. Collectively, I'd put it below every album before it but far above Idlewild. Those cats had a remarkable five-album run.

EagleHeadMoving.gif

I'm contemplating seeing Angel Haze instead of Wild Nothing, Sunday. Does it make me a bad fan if I want to see someone I've never seen before and am very excited about, over a band that I legitimately consider to be my favorite new act since 2004, but have seen twice already?

Scuba Steve?

That song is awesome. i remember listening to really crappy versions of it taken from some radio station months in advance of the albums release.

Feeling good, feeling great
Feeling great, feeling good, how are you?

What are the Killers doing these days? Have they released anything good? They're a band that I really like when they're on, but for some reason slip into hating when they come out with something horrible

zomg U2 reference! The Other Place with shit their collective pants no doubt

What are the Killers doing these days? Have they released anything good? They're a band that I really like when they're on, but for some reason slip into hating when they come out with something horrible

I'm of course, the most biased person to ask, but their last album was really good. Not their best, and the first that I don't actually know every song on, but it's still got a good number of songs on it I consider great.

Live, they just keep getting better and better. Love watching the stream. Glad I'm not out there in the rain seeing them for the 4th time (3rd time at a festival).

If Jimmy Page and Brian May had a baby, it would look like the guitarist from the Killers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom