Random Music talk LXXXV: SHARKNADO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interference said:
NSW, if you had to choose one interference user to enter a dance contest, knowing that the contestants could only choose R.E.M. songs to dance to, who would you choose to dance....and what song would you pick.....and while you're at it, which interlander would you choose to choreograph the dance? Thanks.

Dancer - GAF

Song - Moral Kiosk

Choreographer - Jive Turkey

Looks like Beach House have a new album out, could be a new direction...

homepage_large.cc5fcd4a.jpg

No Community-style analysis?

My enthusiasm, and knowing what I wrote feels really strange looking back. I mean, I've rewatched the S1 DVD and it's really good, but I fell hard for it at the time. Had I been given the wrong social network WMDs I'm sure I would have started a GIF tumblr or some other superfan niche. Oh well.

Cobbler, just the idea of you speaking Italian with an Australian accent makes me smile. I'll try to post some cool Latin on your FB wall soon. :)

NSW, you sound like a boss, but you're not the boss of me! :angry: No seriously, thank you for the reality check. I've finished my grammar lesson for the day and am about to watch another episode of my soap opera, so please don't slap me up. :angry:

Also, is anyone else planning to enter the contest to name the second Sharknado movie?

That was my biggest problem! Even when I was at my best in terms of speaking it around second year uni I still sounded like a bogan. And I couldn't roll my R's

NSW, you sound like a boss, but you're not the boss of me! :angry: No seriously, thank you for the reality check. I've finished my grammar lesson for the day and am about to watch another episode of my soap opera, so please don't slap me up. :angry:

I'm the boss of enough people without having some slapped up fool from the desert on the roster. No thanks needed, we're all family in here, sort of.

Enjoy that soap opera.

Bah you haven't heard anything until you've heard German with a Belfast accent...let me tell you Arsch and arse can't help but sound exactly the same. I learnt all my German swearing from watching the Fugitive to, or Auf der Flucht as it is in German. I also long term borrowed a German dictionary from a school I attended for only two weeks...would be a bit awkward to return it now 10 years later but it is a very nice dictionary.

Latin is cool but extremely difficult. I followed it for six years and I still felt like an amateur whilst translating an original text. The culture and history behind it are interesting though and it's fun to translate (parts of) ingravings in Italy.

And Caesar was a horrible writer. So boring.

BELLE AND SEBASTIAN TODAY!

You guys have no idea how excited I am, I honestly never thought I'd see them live.

I thought Latin was easier than Spanish. It has fewer exceptions. And yeah, Caesar was a better general than a writer. But that did make him easier to read. My favorites to read were Catullus and Vergil.
That's weird. I don't know Spanish but I have learnt French (and that should be about the same difficulty I think) and to me that was much easier than Latin. No cases.

Yeah Vergilius was fun to read. Horatius as well.

I took a year of Latin in college. It made me appreciate 1) how simple verb tenses are in Russian and 2) how fucked up English is.

That's awesome that so many of you have done Latin.

My specialization is Latin Golden Age poetry. Vergil, Horace, Catullus, and my boy, Ovid--Latin poetry just does things that the English language can't.

Caesar is definitely near the bottom of the list of things I'd sit around and read voluntarily, but his grammar has wonderful structure. Next to Cicero, Caesar's writing is beautiful in its simplicity and clarity. Reading Cicero makes me :rant:.

:lol:

It's fucking hot outside. Like I burned my hands on my steering wheel hot. How the hell do you people who live where it is +100 degrees Fahrenheit during the summer on a normal basis deal with this shit?

I can't wait for the weather to break tomorrow. If the forecast ends up coming close to accurate, Friday aside, this Pitchfork weekend might be the best ever.

Back
Top Bottom