Random Music talk LXXXV: SHARKNADO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am n debt to those of you who talked me into going to David Byrne & St. Vincent, what an incredibly entertaining show.

Glad you enjoyed it, Mofo. I know next to fuck all about either of them apart from some talking heads and her hotness.

Speaking of driving music, a few weeks back we went to a friend's cottage about 5 hours north of Toronto in the boonies. With everyone else asleep in the car, driving through the Ontario wilderness, this came on and it was just about perfect

Sister - Sufjan Stevens - YouTube

Also kinda random, but Ontario has some of the most beautiful lakes you'll ever see. I've really grown to appreciate them this summer

ontario-lake.jpg

I sing right along.
Besides, I'm more obsessed with religion than any religious person of any denomination. Haven't you heard?

I think that's pretty typical though, isn't it? I certainly know I talk far more about Mormonism with my other friends who have quit (Ex-Mo's), than I ever used to talk about it when I was a believer.

The Seven Swans title track was so freaking awesome on the tour for the last album, wish the album version sounded like that.

I think that's pretty typical though, isn't it? I certainly know I talk far more about Mormonism with my other friends who have quit (Ex-Mo's), than I ever used to talk about it when I was a believer.

I imagine that would probably be the case (ex-mo hahahaha awesome). I also think one would be more prone to talking about religion than usual on an internet subforum specifically set aside for talking about such things, so it's a bit skewed.
Either way, there are interesting discussions to be had; much more so than some of the alternatives.

but music

The Seven Swans title track was so freaking awesome on the tour for the last album, wish the album version sounded like that.

I don't remember if he played Seven Swans at the show I went to, but when the backing vocals for Heirloom came flowing in, it's probably the closest I've come to describing a live song as a tear jerker.... just close though. It was still weird. I think I'm turning into a sap in my old age

So... On the Beach. That album seems like it was made for me, but it never really clicked... until now. Good stuff. That title track is a prime example how to make so much atmosphere and mood out of two chords.

The final three tracks of On the Beach are masterpieces; that's possibly by favorite closing to any album. Harrowing, beautiful music that expertly toes the line between self-absorbed and revelatory. And the other five songs are nearly as good. Neil Young :heart:

He actually opened with Seven Swans at the show I saw. Pretty sweet.

Samesies re: Suf. And glad you dug Byrne/STV. How awesome was "Wild Wild Life?" They weren't playing it last year, so I was pretty surprised when they busted it out last month.

I also liked the Age of Adz version of Seven Swans. That's such a good album. The original versions are also fantastic in the right context. He played The Dress Looks Nice on You when I saw him for the first time and I was blown away.

And this is awesome:

Sufjan Stevens - You Are the Blood - YouTube

Like, physically what are they doing with it? I guess it depends on the media

No no, like, why do they possess such a thing in the first place?

And then you have to ask yourself, why does one decide that that is the appropriate music to play late at night on a road trip with just another dude in the car with them....

These are the questions that plague me..

No no, like, why do they possess such a thing in the first place?

And then you have to ask yourself, why does one decide that that is the appropriate music to play late at night on a road trip with just another dude in the car with them....

These are the questions that plague me..

I dont....like, are you asking if they're putting it in their bums?... What exactly are you asking here?

Thanks for that there Soofaloof vid. Brought back a whole lot of memories.

Dude likes his costumes. His Christmas Unicorn one was a big hit at the holiday show.

Back
Top Bottom