Random Music Talk LXXXIX: This, That, and The Other Place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will the list in 25 years be smeared out over 8 decades or will they chop off everything prior to 50 years old like they do in every list today? There's 2 2038 dollars riding on this, so lets make sure we've got everything straight

Even if they do BEST ALBUMS OF THE LAST 75 YEARS I still like the odds of one relatively newer decade having a handful of albums representing it. Thus far, MBDTF has been the go-to pick for the 10s, so I'm assuming it will still be part of that handful.

Ya, my plan was to just throw it into the street, but the point is that it will be your money and my choice

I'm not a jackass like you, so I'm aiming the two 2038 dollars at a homeless person. I'm not going to get close or anything, but it'll go in that general direction.

Even if they do BEST ALBUMS OF THE LAST 75 YEARS I still like the odds of one relatively newer decade having a handful of albums representing it. Thus far, MBDTF has been the go-to pick for the 10s, so I'm assuming it will still be part of that handful.

I'm not a jackass like you, so I'm aiming the two 2038 dollars at a homeless person. I'm not going to get close or anything, but it'll go in that general direction.

I'm not even going to put $2 aside. That's how confident I am

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE PISSED SOMEONE ELSE OFF BY VIRTUE OF AN EXCLUSION POLICY AND NOW HER ANGER/WRATH WILL TRAVEL ACROSS THE WORLD TO AUSTRALIA AND IT WILL GRIND YOU INTO THE GROUND AND YOU WILL RUE THE DAY YOU DISCOVERED INTERFERENCE GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR IMMINENT DEMlSE.

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE PISSED SOMEONE ELSE OFF BY VIRTUE OF AN EXCLUSION POLICY AND NOW HER ANGER/WRATH WILL TRAVEL ACROSS THE WORLD TO AUSTRALIA AND IT WILL GRIND YOU INTO THE GROUND AND YOU WILL RUE THE DAY YOU DISCOVERED INTERFERENCE GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR IMMINENT DEMlSE.

spacey-bitch-please.gif

If she's from the future, I'm sure she knows the winner of the bet Jive and I made. I want that money while it's still worth something.

Now, why would you think "she" when the user name has "man" in it? DO YOU THINK ALL FEMALE POSTERS ARE CRAZY AND NONSENSICAL LIKE THAT????

WELL????? DO YOU??????????????????????????????????

I AM WAITING!

New Hellogoobye album is really good guys:

The fact that they were easily the worst part of the new found glory 10th anniversary of their only album anyone actually cared about show (also on the bill: fireworks--who are terrible, and a fairly lackluster saves the day), makes me doubt the possibility that I'd ever like an album of theirs.

Ryan Adams. Heartbreaker. Man, I love this album. Amazing production; you can hear a pin drop for most of it and the vocals/lyrics are totally vulnerable. I'm not a huge fan or anything, but he really killed that shit there (and on Cold Roses).

Textbook example of an artist who is just too prolific. Those two albums are among my favorites ever, though. He hasn't put out a good record since 29, but that run from 2000 to 2005 was unfuckwithable.

I haven't listened to either the new Arcade Fire or Los Campesinos, and only have gotten all the way trough the new AFI album once. I'm not a real music fan. :(

I haven't listened to any of those things (ill check out the afi eventually, and probably the lc if the interest I had in the band at 3am last night sticks). Only new album I've listened to recently was lightning bolt, but I listened to it enough to make up for the rest.

Has Lucius been mentioned around here? The local indie station has been playing them quite a bit. They just released their first album a week ago, here's Amazon's blurb:

Lucius is a triple-threat of vocal harmonies, infectious hooks, and dance-inducing percussion. Pair those traits with the band’s irresistible live show and it’s easy to see why NPR Music calls Lucius "a fabulous band playing such infectious pop songs” and Paste hails the group as "blissful.” Charismatic co-founders and lead vocalists Jess Wolfe and Holly Laessig sing in unison – two voices as one – uniquely delivering songs with stories told from the same perspective. Multi-instrumentalists Andrew Burri, Peter Lalish, and Dan Molad round out the stylish, Brooklyn-based quintet. Lucius release their debut album Wildewoman, October 15 in North America on Mom+Pop.

I haven't listened to the entire album, but I really like these two songs (Turn It Around especially). They seem like they might be up some of youz guyz'z alleys as well (not IWB and Martha).

Lucius - Turn It Around (official stream) - YouTube

Lucius - Tempest (official stream) - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom