Random Music Talk LXXXIX: This, That, and The Other Place

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shady or not, individuals actually are dead because of this video. What some in the community know and what may or may not be able to ultimately be proven are not always the same.
I'll wait to hear the evidence. I think it's safe to say it would be pretty outlandish if Ford had anyone killed

"Hi All, I have a request from the mayor's office to remove all NOW newspapers from all City of Toronto locations/facilities ASAP. Please remove and dispose."

Anytime "The Librarian" by MMJ comes up on shuffle, I get a good laugh out of my day.

This is one of those moments.

I listened to MMJ's Evil Urges last night - first time I'd played it in years. It's better than I remembered .... except for Highly Suspicious, which is as horrid as I remembered.

Gideon is my favorite MMJ song and Z is a masterpiece. I wish they would make more music like that.

Is it too easy to say that "Tarzan Boy" is an amazing song? Are Baltimora fans over it? Did they ever like it? I think it's incredible.

Gideon is fantastic. For me, though, nothing tops It Beats 4 U.

Cool, thanks.

Gideon is my favorite MMJ song and Z is a masterpiece. I wish they would make more music like that.

Cool, thanks.

Is it too easy to say that "Tarzan Boy" is an amazing song? Are Baltimora fans over it? Did they ever like it? I think it's incredible.

You are a penis.

Gideon is my favorite MMJ song as well.

Cool, thanks.

I've thus far resisted the urge to masturbate to the Dum Dum album cover. It's been a harrowing 9 hours.

Yeah, Off The Record is up there for me.

Hard to deny One Big Holiday, too. Golden, Anytime, Wordless Chorus, and Touch Me I'm Going To Scream Part II are some other favorites off the top of my head. Good band.

Was it Laz who said they're an amazing Live band? Maybe more than one of you said this but I seem to recollect Laz being really high on their performances.

Not really a left-field opinion; they've had a rep as one of the best live bands in rock and roll for like 10 years.

Jim James is totally nuts when he's on stage.

It's really what's missing from Wilco, as I've said before. A frontman with a little more personality.

I listened to MMJ's Evil Urges last night - first time I'd played it in years. It's better than I remembered .... except for Highly Suspicious, which is as horrid as I remembered.

Definitely not a fan of Evil Urges and I'm pretty sure it was the first thing I ever heard by them. I almost didn't listen to anything else, which, of course, would have been a huge mistake.

Is it too easy to say that "Gideon" is an amazing song? Are MMJ fans over it? Did they ever like it? I think it's incredible.

"Gideon" is one of those songs that's so good, to me, that it overshadows everything else the band has ever done. I hate when stuff like that happens, because I then struggle a little to get into their other music. I know that's weird, it's just how it happens for me.

Similar situations: "When You Sleep" by MBV and "Our Life is Not a Movie or Maybe" by Okkervil River

:drool:

It Still Moves = At Dawn > Z = Evil Urges > whatever that last one was called.

Their last one was really good, IMO. A million times better than Evil Urges.

Was it Laz who said they're an amazing Live band? Maybe more than one of you said this but I seem to recollect Laz being really high on their performances.

Yeah, that's a pretty general consensus. Being someone who's just a mild fan, I was blown away by them live. They rocked the fuck out. Also, this happened:

20130712_190318_zps7f038f5d.jpg

Not really a left-field opinion; they've had a rep as one of the best live bands in rock and roll for like 10 years. Jim James is totally nuts when he's on stage. It's really what's missing from Wilco, as I've said before. A frontman with a little more personality.

I wasn't implying it was out of left field, just didn't recall if it was you who gave a really gushing review.

I think Gideon must have given me a wholly erroneous idea of My Morning Jacket as a band. Which is to say I adored it when it showed up and everything else I've ever heard from them gives me something between meh and the screaming shits.

I have no opinion whatsoever on my morning jacket, I think I heard a couple songs years ago and don't remember them.

But I did just get back from seeing Steve Earle live. I think I would have liked the show better had the sound not been so godawful. I've only been to this particular place twice, and the other were mainly acoustic and solo Steve Earle, and Billy Bragg. I thought that it was just the sound guy at first, but a few songs in they seemed to have fixed the one horrendously loud guitar and everything still sounded fairly muddy. Decent show (I'm waiting for the man being the obligatory Lou Reed cover), but not really a place I'd be too interested in seeing a full band play again. Also, nearly flipped my shit at the guy siting in front of me who spent 3/4 of the show looking at Facebook and texting. And I was amazed at the number of people who left early. The concept of the encore is pretty idiotic, and multiple encores are just annoying when they wind up being about 1/3 of the show. Maybe they left because they have to work in the morning, I have no idea. Otherwise, who doesn't know the show isn't over til the house lights come on?

How does everyone feel about the dubstep radio remix of Summertime Sadness? When you hear the beat drop, you'll shit bricks.

Back
Top Bottom