Random Music talk LXXXIV: More weeks at #1 than Elvis & The Beatles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
California, Nevada, Arizona, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, Florida, Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey. Might be a few more. Pretty good methinks.

Oh yeah. Montreal counts as off the east coast of the us. My parents took me there on vacation when I was about 8 or 9. All i really remember is we went to an expos game and my mom kept going on about how much cleaner the city is than ny.

Ohio
Michigan
Pennsylvania
Indiana
Wisconsin
Illinois
New York
New Jersey
Massachusetts
West Virginia
DC
Tennessee
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida
Colorado
Utah
Nevada
Arizona
California
Oregon
Washington

That's actually more than I initially thought.

From the department of obvious truths, I just got back from the Bruce Springsteen concert here. It was EPIC! He played the Darkness... album in full and wouldn't leave the stage after 3 hours and 20 minutes (it wasn't raining hard enough, he said :) ). Amazing!

From the department of obvious truths, I just got back from the Bruce Springsteen concert here. It was EPIC! He played the Darkness... album in full and wouldn't leave the stage after 3 hours and 20 minutes (it wasn't raining hard enough, he said :) ). Amazing!

:drool: awesome.

That's great. I'd love to hear Darkness in its entirety.

And, for what it's worth (probably not much for most people here), all 10 Canadian provinces. I need the three territories, and then I have the whole country covered.

This is a goal for me, but Canadia is so far north from me.

More news from The Other Place, someone who heard new material via the band:

@AidreenWhen Bono and Edge were having some sort of listening party with random people. Adele was also there.

@AidreenWhen There were a few new recorded songs that were blasting outside..(haven't they learned their lesson yet?) And then it switched to reggae.

@AidreenWhen The new songs sound ethereal, powerful, and like Lanois said...BIG. Definitely still U2 but different.

@AidreenWhen There was most definitely one with EDGE ON LEAD VOCALS. I lost it...completely.

I'm 'cited.

This sounds so great.

That Wilco all-request setlist at the Solid Sound Festival is all sorts of good:

“The Boys Are Back in Town” (Thin Lizzy)
“Cut Your Hair” (Pavement)
“In the Street” (Big Star)
“New Madrid” (Uncle Tupelo/Tweedy)
“Dead Flowers” (The Rolling Stones)
“Simple Twist of Fate” (Bob Dylan)
“Ripple” (Grateful Dead, Garcia/Hunter)
“Who Loves the Sun” (The Velvet Underground)
“And Your Bird Can Sing” (The Beatles)
“Psychotic Reaction” (Count Five)
“Tom Courtenay” (w/Yo La Tengo and by Yo La Tengo)
“James Alley Blues” (Richard Brown)
“Waterloo Sunset” (The Kinks)
“Waterloo” (ABBA)
“(What’s So Funny ’bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding?” (Nick Lowe)
“Marquee Moon” (Television)
“Don’t Fear the Reaper” (Blue Öyster Cult)
“Cinnamon Girl” (Neil Young)
“Get Lucky” (Daft Punk w/ Pharrell Williams, and Nile Rodgers)
“Surrender” (Cheap Trick)
“Color Me Impressed” (w/Tommy Stinson) (The Replacements)
“Kingpin” (Wilco)
“Thank You Friends” (Big Star)
“The Weight” (The Band)
“Roadrunner” (The Modern Lovers)

Pennsylvania
New Jersey
Ohio
Delaware
Maryland
New York
Virginia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Georgia
Florida
Alabama
Indiana
Illinois
Michigan
Texas
California

That's 17 states. Four months ago it would have been 15 states. I'm not good at this.

tumblr_moi8j11eDD1qc8qobo1_500.jpg

That Wilco all-request setlist at the Solid Sound Festival is all sorts of good:

Wow, so awesome. Tweedy must have been in rare form with some good audience banter. I hope a decent recording emerges.

Except, somebody's not gonna like this:
“Cut Your Hair” (Pavement)

How was everyone's weekend?

For those who remember him, Cujo / Pinball Wizard was safely evacuated in Calgary, and his place wasn't flooded.

Mine was good as well. Spent 3 days at home with my parents, watched some movies, looked at the moon a bunch of times, shot some guns, ate a ton of unhealthy food. It was fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom