Random Music talk LXXXIV: More weeks at #1 than Elvis & The Beatles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know next to nothing on these guys, but I bought the new Camera Obscura album and love it more with each listen. I'm up to 7 or 8 full listens. Really good stuff.

Please hear more of their stuff, in that case. New album is not the only great one :)

Miami is on the list of places I won't be too broken up about having never been to if I never go there. So is the rest of Florida.

I will go to Florida exactly ONE more time and that is to take my potential children to Disney World.

I hated that place. EDIT: Florida, not Disney World.

Going to Disneyland in Anaheim was obviously the realisation of a childhood dream, but a lot of the magic was taken out because you had to wait an hour to do anything.

I've never been to Disneyland, but it looks to me like Disney World is about a million times better.

Never been to Disney anything. And I'd still need Florida + 34 other states in order to get to 50 anyway. I will not be filling out a "places I've peed" app with the entire us anytime soon.

I feel like I could have 4 to 6 beers, sleep poorly, and then wake up tired the next morning you guys

Tsk. You need to get going.

I haven't left New England since 2007. I went to Colorado, only time I've ever been off the east coast. I really do need to get on going places, although during the summer I wouldn't want anything to do with going anywhere that's warmer than here. At least here I know that if it's 80 or 90 one day, it could just as easily be 40 or 50 the next. But some of you actually hAve consistent weather, what's that all about?

Maine
Vermont
(considering I lived in Boston for four years, failing to see these two is somewhat inexcusable)

Hawaii
Alaska
North Dakota

maybe Idaho

I never lived in any of the New England states but my Dad's entire side of the family lives in Mass or New Hampshire, and I've spent countless days and weeks in those two states, especially when I was younger. How we never made it to Vermont or Maine eludes me.

Going to Disneyland in Anaheim was obviously the realisation of a childhood dream, but a lot of the magic was taken out because you had to wait an hour to do anything.

That's shitty. The last 3 or 4 times I've been there, I haven't waited more than a half hour to do anything thanks to those beautiful Fast Passes.

I'm at 25 states, I believe.

And, for what it's worth (probably not much for most people here), all 10 Canadian provinces. I need the three territories, and then I have the whole country covered.

More news from The Other Place, someone who heard new material via the band:

@AidreenWhen Bono and Edge were having some sort of listening party with random people. Adele was also there.

@AidreenWhen There were a few new recorded songs that were blasting outside..(haven't they learned their lesson yet?) And then it switched to reggae.

@AidreenWhen The new songs sound ethereal, powerful, and like Lanois said...BIG. Definitely still U2 but different.

@AidreenWhen There was most definitely one with EDGE ON LEAD VOCALS. I lost it...completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom