Random Music Talk LXXXI: Now with special V.I.P.-level option ($450)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who the fuck films a band in portrait mode?

Nice work, GAF. You seem to have the rock and roll spirit.

Straighten your cap, punk.

But crowdsourcing a movie? really? When you have that much money?

It doesn't really bother me that much, I don't know. He says in the video he is doing so he maintains complete creative control, would he have enough money for that with out doing Kickstarter? It's kind of cool for fans too, they feel like they're a part of the project and some of the prizes are pretty sweet.

Dude looks OLD AS FUCK in the video though.

2191bbed.jpg

June 10 in the UK and June 11 in the U.S.

Tomorrow's Harvest:
01 Gemini
02 Reach for the Dead
03 White Cyclosa
04 Jacquard Causeway
05 Telepath
06 Cold Earth
07 Transmisiones Ferox
08 Sick Times
09 Collapse
10 Palace Posy
11 Split Your Infinites
12 Uritual
13 Nothing Is Real
14 Sundown
15 New Seeds
16 Come to Dust
17 Semena Mertvykh

:up:

on a completely different note, having been bored enough to read some movie-related and fym threads recently, might pearl be one of the more consistently clueless about the world outside her own head posters that active lately? Hers (or I assume it's female, since it's about as non-masculine a username as anything-girl) is a much more subtle version than some of the real champions of ignorance this place has known, but every time I read her posts, I seriously wonder.

You are definitely not alone in thinking this.

Why does Braff deserve complete creative control?

Let's face it, Garden State wasn't Citizen Kane.

Secret stuff about the band I'm in:

If you click this link here, there will be video of us at our first gig, doing a cover of Tom Petty's "American Girl". I'm the idiot in the red shirt and the White Sox cap, attempting to sing. My friend has an awesome guitar solo at the end.

DNTF - American Girl - YouTube

Good job Gaf. Besides the shirt being too big and all.

Also, I can't hear that song without thinking about "What are you, about a size 12?" in the back of a rape van

And while we're on the subject, Julian Lennon's stunning and creative photographs are fucking terrible

And while we're on the subject, Julian Lennon's stunning and creative photographs are fucking terrible

I'm a fan of the picture of Edge, personally, but I haven't been over into EYKIW, are the pictures the second coming of Picasso?

Hey you guys, Julian Lennon always thought he saw the world differently than the rest of us. Glad he's finally able to share his vision

p.php

I'm a fan of the picture of Edge, personally, but I haven't been over into EYKIW, are the pictures the second coming of Picasso?

Oh, I don't know. I'm just sayin.
Lots of Corbijn bashing, it seems however. Those people can suck a dick

Why does Braff deserve complete creative control?

Let's face it, Garden State wasn't Citizen Kane.

Garden State was very creatively directed. Guy knows how to frame a shot.

Regardless, that film was a moderate success and he was on a HUGE hit. So I think he's earned the right to not have his small film micromanaged. Not sure exactly what the studio demands were but I can't imagine the guy wasn't willing to compromise at all.

And while he may have a good amount of money, I doubt he has $15-20 million lying around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom