Random Music Talk LXXX: Sordid Details of the GAF-Mark Buehrle Affair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, Mountain Goats announced a tour but they're here on a school night and I'll have to drive back to Chicago after being there the weekend before seeing Fleetwood Mac and Joy Formidable, among others. Serious first world problem happening here.

I bet it will be the same night as a Morrissey concert, too.

1. Late Season 4 Gilmore Girls episodes
2. The new Paramore album
3. "State of Love and Trust"
4. Shailene Woodley
5. Chad Billingsley

I think the fans will hear what we are and where we are at now, it’s going to be to their liking I think, it is to us. We haven’t figured it out exactly what everything is that is going to be on this record. Some of the standout tracks on there are pretty amazing. Matt wrote a really cool one that’s kind of ethereal meets U2ness, I wrote kind of a punk rock one and a Pink Floyd thing, so there’s all these kinds of things going on. Ed has written some beautiful numbers, some kind of garagy type stuff and then also some beautiful lyrical kind of things. We’ll put all of those things in the Pearl Jam thing, and hit mix, and mix it up.

Good thing I'm not wearing pants.

Wow, Avril Lavigne has gotten really bad. The singles off of those first two albums are still the jams, though.

The first line on her new single is "Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs!"

Katy Perry said basically the same thing on one of her singles a couple years back. It's hard for me not to make that connection. This shit is a ruthless game.

The early Avril, though. Damn. Mad love and respect. But it looks like it's over. I don't think she can keep up with the likes of Katy and Taylor anymore. Damn. Everything has an expiration date?

The young bucks done came up. While she wasn't even looking. Snatched the crown. She was too busy hanging out with Chad Kroeger. Damn. It's a sad state of affairs. I'm gonna pour out a little bit of liquor for her tonight.

What's up with Nelly Furtado? She was hotter and more talented anyway.

Love her first album as well as the one she made with Timbaland. "Promiscuous" was a great track.

Wow, Avril Lavigne has gotten really bad. The singles off of those first two albums are still the jams, though.

The first line on her new single is "Singing Radiohead at the top of our lungs!"

Katy Perry said basically the same thing on one of her singles a couple years back. It's hard for me not to make that connection. This shit is a ruthless game.

The early Avril, though. Damn. Mad love and respect. But it looks like it's over. I don't think she can keep up with the likes of Katy and Taylor anymore. Damn. Everything has an expiration date?

I think Thom noticed a lot of hot girls were singing along and making out to his tunes. He's been having fun lately.

I heard Ventura Highway on the radio today and decided I needed to hear one of those cheap gas station single disc America compilations. Turns out I really didn't. OK stuff if you've heard every Neil Young and CSNY album and have nothing left. But the singles that get played on the radio every day are awesome.

What's up with Nelly Furtado? She was hotter and more talented anyway.

Love her first album as well as the one she made with Timbaland. "Promiscuous" was a great track.

I just looked it up and apparently she released an album that bombed toward the end of last year.

I just looked up the lead single, wondering if I'd heard it and forgot. No wonder we didn't know she released an album....

I remember reading when her first album came out that she was a huge Portishead fan, and would have never even gotten into singing if it wasn't for her obsession with Beth Gibbons. Why she never dropped the pop stuff and tried to make an album like that, I don't know.

Former Aghan Whigs/Twilight Singers frontman Greg Dulli was apaprently in Australia recently to work on material with Steve Kilbey of The Church.

Now that's a weird collaboration.

I can see it. Far more bizarre collaborations have happened in the past with disastrous results:

timbaland.jpg

I actually like Radio Song, though I know some don't. First song on the first CD I purchased.

It's been ages since I listened to that album all the way through, will have to do that tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom