Random Music Talk LXXX: Sordid Details of the GAF-Mark Buehrle Affair

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Numan/Tubeway Army is fucking awesome. One of those (US) one-hit wonders that deserved more attention.

Definitely one of my favs. We don't talk about Slowdive enough here.

Numan sings half of the lines in that version.

I said I've heard it, didn't say I like it and know anything about it. I only vaguely knew it was a cover because I know the only fear factory songs I've ever heard were covers (that plus didn't they do I will follow?).

I was about to buy a Lollapalooza ticket from StubHub for $130, which I figured wasn't too bad of a markup from the $95 face value. Then they tried to charge me $25 in fees, including a $13 "convenience fee." I'd like to ask them what is fucking convenient for me about them facilitating mass scalpers. "Extortion fee" would be more appropriate. Fuck that site.

/rant

They charge the same fees to the person selling it, so they're making cash on both ends. F-ers.

Randomly caught most of the Kill Bill movies on one of the premium channels this last weekend. Forgot how good the soundtracks were in those movies. Zamfir's The Lonely Shepherd is a beautiful song. I should get way into pan flute music.

Fuck. Red Hill Mining Town's video has completely destroyed that song for me. I thought I would get over it, but nearly 6 years on, I haven't. I used to adore that song, but I can't hear those lyrics anymore without picturing Bono's embarrassing overacting. I can't hear the percussion without picturing Larry hitting a steel pole for some reason. The bass line is still Adam jizzing canaries. Edge probably does something stupid to replace his awesome guitar line, but I don't remember now.

This has likely happened to me with other songs, but never this egregiously.

I saw this video once, and decided never to subject myself to it again. I do have vague recollections of the silliness, but not enough to taint the song.

You only have yourself to blame.

I should get way into pan flute music.

bro, make your own

panflute_09.jpg

bro, make your own

panflute_09.jpg

How did you know this existed?

The Breeder's Cannonball is still pretty cool.

Keep forgetting to mention that I was very happy to hear The Cure's Siamese Twins on The Americans a few weeks ago. I really like that show.

Is this one of the best things you've ever seen? It's one of the best things I've ever seen

putin.jpg

Also, Gareth via the Los Camp! FB page posted a status update this morning reading "DING DONG!" I hadn't heard the news about Thatcher yet so it wasn't until seeing the Moz article that I understood what that meant.

Did I mention yet how great The Men were live? Even though it was only March when I saw them, that show will be one of the best of the year, fo shizzle.

I'm also loving their new album.

Shouter, the new Purling Hiss is very good as well.

That's fake, right? People wouldn't really pay money to be in the same place as flock of seagulls and rick astley, would they?

Would it shock any of you to know I'd kill to go to the august dates?

Ugh, why am I sick now that it's actually beginning to get nice out?
If there is one thing I hate, it's taking 8 hours of pto. That time off takes so long to build, but boy does it disappear quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom