Random Music Talk LXXVI: No officer, it's not the ice, I ALWAYS dress like a donkey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone please Photoshop Cobbz in his donkey suit into this and change the title to Donko Doco.

wallpaper-del-film-donnie-darko-61830.jpg

This thread, I swear. You guys are insane. And I mean that in the most loving way possible :).

I listened to it last week. There were a couple tracks I dug, but when that "AND IT FEELS LIKE I AM somethingsomething TO LOVE YOUUUUUUUUU!" I laughed, because every time I heard that song in whatever commercial it is, I'd wonder who it was. And here it was!

Not because I liked the song at all, but because I wanted to know who this was being so ubiquitous in commercials.

In the end I decided I didn't like enough songs to buy it. Although in all honesty, I might have been swayed by my dislike of that song.

The first time I saw the video for that song I had to do a double take because that is NOT what I expected Alex Clare to look like. I kept picturing some scrawny kid in his 20s who's kind of a DJ/raver type or something. Not a guy who looks like he spends his days down at his local pub.

That song did seem to be everywhere for a while, yeah. But eh. I don't mind it.

I think it's kinda funny, I think it's kinda sad
The dreams in which Cobbler's dying are the best I've ever had

2 things:

1) This is perfect in context

2) But even in a vacuum, this is fucking great. I love Japan so much and the sad truth is that I could have probably sat there and watched those motherfuckers dance for an hour.

I just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what the hell the significance of that dance is.

Somehow knowing Japanese makes trying to understand bizarre Japanese videos like this even worse.

May have to use that for the venue tomorrow.

Guys, pass on silly music shit like that. It makes me look like I have some semblance of a clue what I'm doing.

I listened to that iamamiwhoami album today. I'm sorry I missed that when it first came out - I liked it quite a bit.

I just spent 15 minutes trying to figure out what the hell the significance of that dance is.

Somehow knowing Japanese makes trying to understand bizarre Japanese videos like this even worse.

Russians on youtube are like that, too. The more I understand, the less makes sense.

I just put the Out Of Control forum on ignore, and now my mind is blown every time I click on "New Posts."

I feel like Elaine driving her car in that episode where Kramer painted over the lines in the highway to make the extra-wide lanes.

This is so luxurious.

I bought a Wild Nothings CD and I'm listening to it now.

I am also drinking a beer, and I had a little piece of cheese.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom