Random Music Talk LXXV: Party at Pappy's Snatch Palace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first half of Saturdays = Youth is absolutely astounding, especially those first four tracks. Masterful. I can't tell you how many times I've put the album on just because I wanted to hear those and wound up hearing the whole thing.

The song that comes after the first four tracks is actually the best one.

Is the crappy spelling an inside joke or a legitimate fuck-up?

I can never tell.

Legitimate fuck-up; I've seen the title a hundred times and will truly never be able to spell that, so I gave up a long time ago.

I suppose you can throw that word into the spelling discussion we were having earlier, though it's hardly English.

It's French, LM. I know that the Internet is in America, but still.

1) It's spelled "colours".
2) Has anyone seen a place where one can legally download that Shenandoah song by Tom Waits and Keith Richards? I really enjoy it and can't wait another few weeks for the album.
3) Tonight I discovered that the Westboro Baptist Church only has about 40-50 members. I always thought there were thousands. On one hand I am comforted, but on the other I finally understand where Cori and others have been coming from all this time - they're so small and insignificant (and will hopefully become less relevant as the older members die off) that they aren't worth talking about and people need to stop fuelling the fire because they thrive on it. The worst thing about them is that they brainwash kids; nothing more sickening than seeing a young kid being made to hold a sign that they don't even understand.

That reminds me of Australia's favorite son, Chips O'Toole:

dirty-rotten-scoundrels.jpg

Ruprecht, eat your applesauce.

So I've heard all three of the Jezabels' EPs and their LP. I think it's absolutely criminal that they aren't among the most popular bands in indie rock. Hayley Mary has one of the sexiest voices I've ever heard (a bit like Karen O meets Kate Bush) and their sound is, for lack of a better word, stirring. Endless Summer and Hurt Me are fucking astounding songs.

They're one of those bands I haven't given enough time to. Endless Summer is amazing.

Anyway, I saw some album called Oak Island by someone/thing called Nightlands described on Pitchfork "On his second album as Nightlands, the War on Drugs' Dave Hartley has made a crush mixtape for the Uncanny Valley; exploring a similar palette to that of Destroyer's Kaputt, but rendered with an intentionally android effect" so I must hear it.

Nice enough tune.

Nightlands "So Far So Long" (Official Audio) - YouTube

Also gotsta checkout the new Toro y Moi.

The first half of Saturdays = Youth is absolutely astounding, especially those first four tracks. Masterful. I can't tell you how many times I've put the album on just because I wanted to hear those and wound up hearing the whole thing.

You Appearing is a fantastic track. As far as openers go, it is in the top tier.

Be honest, how many of you have already listened to Pride and/or MLK today?

White supremist.

We Own the Night has been my favorite song on Saturdays = Youth for the last few years.

I am listening to Edge's Picks. And, you know what, I still love Stuck in a Moment. That vocal interplay between Bono and Edge in the last verse is one of my favorite U2 moments of the 2000s.

Be honest, how many of you have already listened to Pride and/or MLK today?

If I hadn't come into this thread, i wouldn't have known it was mlk day. If it's not a holiday I get double time and a half for working, it really doesn't exist to me. I won't know when Easter is, either, for this reason.

It's a normal work day here. We get a couple "floating holidays" that are supposed to cover any holiday they think people may take offense to not receiving off. That said, I still knew it was MLK Dau because I'm not a horrible human being like IWB.

horrible human being like IWB.

Well duh.

I bought a guitar world magazine, which I haven't done in at least ten years. Pete Townshend was on the cover, I'm not really sure why I thought this was worth eight bucks, though. And also, like it's ten years ago, I'm geeking it up and watching dragonball z. Majin buu time. Again, this is all 212ers fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom