Random Music Talk LXXIX: A Tradition Like Many Others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to come in here and say something smart assed about yet another Pitchfork Advance album getting BNM'd, but then I realized Muchacho had actually been streaming on NPR.

So has anyone heard the Palma Violets album? Sounds like something I might like.

Amazon is under the impression that the final countdown is to be classified as metal. Huh?

Hmm, dropkick murphys covering springsteen's "no surrender." Oh dear god why did I listen to it. It may have been acceptable if Al was singing...but alas, I think he's just decoration now. That was painful. Kind of makes the uninspired and boring cover that hot water music did several years back sound good.

I still think this was a really odd choice for a lead single. And I know that if I had seen it before I saw that ridiculous Christmas song video, I'd have fallen for the teasing glimmer of hope it falsely gives me, that maybe they didn't completely turn to shit. But sadly, I know this to be untrue.

http://youtu.be/A1NZcH2haIM

I almost like the song. I want to like it, I want to lump it into the same category with "for Boston" as a kickass intro to the awesomeness that will surely follow, except that there is absolutely none of that left. Instead, I just find myself wondering which is worse: the Going out in Style album, which was so bad I couldn't listen to the entire thing, or Signed and Sealed in Blood, which I'm mainly just apathetic toward.

this came about as I was trying to link ministry's Jesus built my Hot Rod and DKM's John Law to chuckle at the similar "waaah waah waaah waaah waaah"s. it rather amused me.

They're one of the few bands I've seen jump into the crowd to break up fights. I think that happened the last time I saw them, which would have been 2009 if my googling is correct.

I probably sound too much like deep talking about Springsteen live at this point in regards to my feelings about seeing the band live, on a much shorter time span and still smaller scale, but I can't imagine having half the fun at a show the size of what they're doing now for the at party's shows. A friend of mine from work called me the other night from the show, which apparently was at the garden and not the house of blues. As far as I was concerned, that was too big a club, forget a fucking arena. That's crazy to me. Sure, I've seen them play to big crowds, I went to one of the shows in Lowell at whatever college arena that is up there, plus there was the umass campus center show in 2005 which gave me one of my all-time favorite concert-going stories (pretty sure we could do a search to pull up my utterly ecstatic posts from when I got home after that. Always trust the kid in the Ducky boys shirt, dammit). And I did go to that minor league ballpark show they did with the Bosstones sometime after I'd swore I'd never go see them live again (and then I went to one more show after that). The idea of possibly having crappies seats--having SEATS at all--than I had for the fucking Who, that's insane. I've never seen the band from anywhere other than front and center at the barricade. Or in places with no barricade.

If there was a point to this, it's been lost in ramblings. If anyone bothered to read it, I trust you'll point out the weird autocorrect words that inevitably appeared since I'm posting from my phone again. I still love the first four albums, and would like to see the band live again, I'm just going to need that time machine at this point to do it.

Looks pretty good, doesn't it?

1658_10151335512504249_1554261193_n.png

Nine inch nails, slayer, and Neil young. The rest, no.

So I take it lamb of god's singer is no longer in jail?

Lol.

That's not the full line-up either. It's not awesome but it never is as good as the best line-ups on the planet. It doesn't cost as much either I think.

The xx is pretty popular around here yeah. They were sub-headliner at Werchter (our biggest festival) last year, just before Editors who are also more popular in Belgium than anywhere else.

But don't worry, We Are Young was a big hit here. :wink:

Please, please don't see Imagine Dragons. If you want a more pleasurable activity, go to a nearby sporting goods store and crack yourself over the head with a heavy bat of some kind. Just don't go see Imagine Dragons.

Those idiots from Fun should be drawn and quartered for calling their band Fun. What a stupid fucking name

Those idiots from Fun should be drawn and quartered for calling their band Fun. What a stupid fucking name

I swear to God, their debut album is great. And the band they originated from, The Format, is even better.

Everything since has been tripe.

Shh, you'll wake 7

Yeah I don't want to take Tourist's place as his sparring partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom