Random Music Talk LXXIX: A Tradition Like Many Others

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are looking up, finally.
Never thought I'd see the day when you smile at me.

It's not a dream anymore.
It's worth fighting for.

No sir.
I don't want to be the blame.
Not anymore.
It's your turn.
Take a seat.
We're settling.
The final score.

Scraped my knees while I was praying.
Found a demon in my safest haven.
It's getting harder to believe.
In all my selfish thoughts.
I want to know what it'd be like.
To see perfection in my pride.
To see nothing in the light.

Turn it off.

And the worst part is
Before it gets any better
We're heading for a cliff
And in the freefall
I realize
I'm better off
When I hit the bottom (bottle?)

People that talk shit about bands/artists without ever really listening to the music are the worst kind of people.

If you've heard the albums and you don't like them, that's great. Otherwise, shut the motherfucking fuck up. Shut up. Shut the fuck up.

Today really is a field day for album announcements it seems. Sigur Ros, Deerhunter and QOTSA. :drool:

I fucking love Paramore, you guys.

My buddy got to meet them yesterday. He's a local radio DJ.

224771_10200818760689711_1916464315_n.jpg

So the leg of the Mumford & Sons tour that Deap Vally was opening on ended tonight, and the girls were brought out on stage during the main set for a cover of Marvin Gaye's Baby Don't You Do It, via the famous version by The Band.

Mumford & Sons - European Tour @Madrid feat. Deap Vally - YouTube

They let Lindsey from DV get on the mike (2:20) and the crowd gave her a great response.

Apparently the M&S guys are very nice. Still think their music is lame.

Also the b-ball program at FGC is like 5 years old with this just their 2nd year of tournament eligibility whilst Georgetown is a historically dominant program.

From earlier tonight. And that's a 15 seed taking down a 2 seed in the NCAA tourney. (Not sure how well that translates in Oz.)

This tourney is turning insane.

I had someone tell me today that Georgetown was THE team to watch. I can't wait to see him next week.

Not quite. 64 teams qualify for the tournament and they are divided into four 16-team regions. A lot of the higher seeds are automatic qualifiers from minor conferences, so a 15 seed is a completely unranked nobody.

It's a huge upset.

I do love the strangeness of seeds 1-12 or 13 being the 50 or so best teams and then an absolute free fall scattering random teams all the way down to, what the 200th best team? March Madness is the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom