Random Music Talk LXXIV: No witty reference, but at least it's not Cobbler?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point do I banish the venue's Facebook fan who just talked shit about the Waits related link I posted? Or do I dole out some decidedly Texan justice?

2ms2b9z.jpg

That "fan" called down the thunder, and now they've got it. They better run, and they better tell all the other curs the law is comin'. Tell 'em Ims is comin', and hell's comin' with him.

I have that Killing Bono book. Someone gave it to me as a gift. Is it a worthwhile read? I know you say it's entertaining, but got any other comments on it?

Cobbler, how the hell did you allow your Twitter account to get hacked again?

Jesus I have no idea how this keeps happening. Real sorry, I got that many tweets, DMs, emails today about it. I've made my password more complicated and revoked some apps' access so it should be right now.

Working on a song right now, and part of the melody is totally ripped off of Dylan's MR. TAMBOURINE MAN.

And I don't give a fuck.

The new dropkick murphys album is out. I don't want to listen to it. I'm going to anyway. I would love to be pleasantly surprised that it's nowhere near as bad as I think it will be, but I don't expect that to be the case.

I hope it's atrocious.

Me too, otherwise my dread would have been in vain.

The first song would actually be good if: it was sung by Al Barr, and half as long. The second song sucks ass, canibalizing shipping up to Boston's riff something fierce and still way too much Ken Casey.

Oh, someone died? :(

Only because I killed them. Or ken Casey killed them, as is the fate of the dropkick murphys. Actually, there is a song on here I like. I even dig the Pogues breakdown, because it sounds lifted from if I should fall from grace with god, with a chorus stolen from the bosstones. And it's the first appearance Al Barr has made so far. It's too bad it's the only good song so far, and he still doesn't even do lead vocals. He's just the singer, what the hell is he going to do live anymore. Speaking of the bosstones, has he become their version of Ben Carr, the guy whose job in the band it is to dance around on stage?

He's only on one song? How far in are you?

Morrissey is on Letterman tonight.

He's only on one song? How far in are you?

Morrissey is on Letterman tonight.

He sings two songs*, the rest he just kind of shows up for the choruses. I listened to the whole thing, minus the Christmas song. There are probably two or three ok things on it, which is much more than could say about the last album. At least I could actually listen to most of this. I don't hate the last song, although I want to because do we really need a new kiss me I'm shitfaced? The answer is well, actually, I'd take this song over that tired, used up pile of crap. But I'd rather just move on from needing a song to fit its place.

Burn, the Battle Rages on, and maybe Don't Tear Us Apart if I'm feeling optimistic, I might actually listen to again some day. Nothing nearly as good as the span from Do or Die to Blackout, or the bulk of the Warrior's Code. Kind of ranks lower than the meanest of times, even, but it's not painful like the last album.

*not a fan of the one about the old bar hag.

Of course, a mediocre album from a band I once loved might actually be more disappointing than an absolutely awful one. I dont know, I'm sure nsw will tell me what to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom