Random Music Talk LXX: Original Theatrical Version

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My religion is based mostly on sandwiches and looking at pictures of female celebrities on the internet.

Yeah, those people suck too. I really don't care if you believe in one god, a thousand different gods, no god, or fucking space aliens. i care when you try to convince me that whichever you believe in is the right one. I happen to be an atheist, but I'd be just as hypocritical as the religious nuts I hate if I went around pushing that one everyone I talk to.

Agreed :up:.

GAF's religion sounds like a good idea, though. Except obviously I'd look at male celebrities, but...yeah :wink:.

We're all lazy concert avoiders, and I'm ashamed of all of us.

I'd gladly go to all sorts of concerts that are going on out there. I just need more money and a reliable mode of transportation.

u2popmofo said:
I know this is probably fairly common, but I've noticed one of my really close friends who's recently become atheist quotes and follows Hitchens, Dawkins, and the like to the point of it feeling as if he's just substituted one religion for another.

People who resort to constantly quoting others are usually the ones who can't form an original thought of their own

People who resort to constantly quoting others are usually the ones who can't form an original thought of their own
Bingo. I love Hitchens but I never quote him. I just want to learn what I like and I don't like.

I agree with him on most issues, aside from his thoughts on Islam. But that's sort of the whole difference between atheists and anti-theists thing coming up.

Hasn't he put out a call for contributors before? No one probably expressed interest (or saw the notice).
i think he has, yeah. that section of the site is solely handled by them, so for all i know people expressed interest but he never followed up on it.

though speaking of all this, there's an internship i can do through school to review (i guess) concerts or films for credit. i don't know.

u2popmofo said:
Please provide a complete list of acts seen and who the standouts were.

Yellow Ostrich, the Jezabels, Dum Dum Girls, Sharon Van Ettenh, Bob Mould, Santigold, Run DMC, Diamond Rings, El Ten Eleven, the Black Lips ft. Batman + Rooneycakes + Michael Fassbender's dong, Bun B, Converge, Jon Benjamin, Hannibal Burress, Helios Sequence, Surfer Blood, Girl Talk, Tanlines, Schoolboy Q, Danny Brown, Starfucker, A$AP Rocky, Doug Benson. Duncan Trussell, Ume, Balmorhea, Fang Island, The Black Angels, Explosions in the Sky, Nite Jewel, Class Actress, Etienne De Crecy, Atlas Sound, and Japandroids.

No wonder I'm so exhausted. J-droidz, Dum Dum, Run DMC, Black Angels, and Danny Brown were probably my favorites.

Well, now!
[Waits for the inevitable quote/edit into "I own a horse"]

Signed the papers this afternoon, should get the keys tomorrow. Should be excited, but I'm just kind of terrified.

Speaking of FJM, I think he and The Walkmen are touring...somebody and The Walkmen are touring and I wanted to share the post with Scumbo, but my phone facebook app wouldn't let me.

Yes, it's FJM with The Walkmen. I bought a ticket to see them in January. Huzzah, etc.

Congrats, Reggo. Hope you can relax a bit now that the drama is over.

Yes, it's FJM with The Walkmen. I bought a ticket to see them in January. Huzzah, etc.

Congrats, Reggo. Hope you can relax a bit now that the drama is over.

Ah, balls, they're not coming near here.

Yes, will be very excited to sleep in my own bed after a month on a futon sharing a room with my mom.

COBBLER! I also meant to tell you, RZA and The Black Keys did a thing. I don't know if it's just a song or what, but yeah.

I'd like to state for the record that I have come to my senses and am looking forward to seeing Neil Young on Saturday.

I had a bad week last week ... or whenever that was I was a total sourpuss about it.

According to one review of iDos!, Billie Joe wrote a teary tribute to Amy Winehouse.

In light on his own troubles with certain substances, this should be a brilliant bit of meta-humor.

On the other hand, Billie Joe wrote a teary tribute to Amy Winehouse.

...Christ.

According to one review of iDos!, Billie Joe wrote a teary tribute to Amy Winehouse.

In light on his own troubles with certain substances, this should be a brilliant bit of meta-humor.

On the other hand, Billie Joe wrote a teary tribute to Amy Winehouse.

...Christ.

Hm. That should be interesting, I'm sure.

Congrats on the new house! As noted above, hope things get much calmer now for you and your family and you can just enjoy your new home.

Cori, hope you enjoy the Neil Young show this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom