Random Music Talk LXVIII: Antipodean Sporting Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When worlds collide...

We met already in the GA line for 360

Clash-Title.jpg

There's too much to catch up on.

Drive-by post from work. No interwebs access in North Ogden so far. A 90-minute drive to work is just...stupid. Sigh. Wish I had news, but I don't. The CDC people got the permit for the garage conversion, and apparently, the city inspector went through it yesterday, but there's no report of whether it passed or failed or what.

ZOMG U GUISE, R U EXClTE 4 TEH DEBATEZ 2NITE???????????!111!1!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!

Yeah. The Yankees and Orioles games are on tonight, though. Those still have some weight to them. I'll probably keep an eye on them. Go Orioles.

I'm going to see Glen Hansard (quite a shift from Madonna last night; I suspect there will be no ass-flashing at tonight's show), so I will miss the debate.

I'm DVRing it, although I suspect by the time I'm able to watch it tomorrow night, I'll be sick of hearing about it and will just delete the damned thing.

I wasted an hour at work last week looking up samples from MBDTF. Devil in a New Dress is made from like seven seconds of Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow by Smokey Robinson. Amazing.

Yeah. The Yankees and Orioles games are on tonight, though. Those still have some weight to them. I'll probably keep an eye on them. Go Orioles.

Yeah, the Orioles overtaking the Yankees in the AL East should be any baseball fan's dream who doesn't live in New York.

I'm still thinking of grabbing a double pass to ATP, assuming they're still up for grabs. A couple of my friends are going and I'm keen for another trip over there. Just depends on the monetary situation.

Doooo it. I thought it had sold out, but turns out you can still get 2 day passes (and Sunday passes, not that you'd really want that).

I was just approved as a contributor for this website - the AU review | we were there. - so that's pretty cool.

Volunteer work, but I believe I get free tickets to gigs and albums ahead of release.

How easy was it? I keep meaning to apply but haven't got around to it. I go to enough fucking gigs that I could use the occasional free ticket for the sake of my bank balance.

Axver said:
How easy was it? I keep meaning to apply but haven't got around to it. I go to enough fucking gigs that I could use the occasional free ticket for the sake of my bank balance.

I think you can apply on the site, but I first sent one off like three months ago, so expect a long wait.

Great album.

Another great album? Bowie's Aladdin Sane. I love the cabaret feel running through songs like Time.

I seem to remember a few people recommending Beth Orton a while ago. How is this latest album from her? Or should I begin somewhere else?

iron yuppie said:
Great album.

Another great album? Bowie's Aladdin Sane. I love the cabaret feel running through songs like Time.

I love Aladdin Sane passionately.

Watch That Man, Aladdin Sane, Drive-In Saturday, Panic in Detroit, Cracked Actor, Time.

That is six consecutive five-star songs in my book. Lady Grinning Star is too.

The run of The Prettiest Star, Let's Spend The Night Together and Jean Genie unfortunately brings it down a bit for me, but still, six outta 10 ain't bad.

I just bought a Darth Vader watch, mouse and alarm clock. All of these things are made of cheap plastic, and I just don't care :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom