Random Music Talk LXVII: All the First-World Problems You Can Handle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BDO sideshows:

The Killers – Big Day Out 2013 Sideshows:

Wednesday, January 16 – The Metro, Sydney
Tuesday, January 22 – The Palace, Melbourne

Crystal Castles – Big Day Out 2013 Sideshows:

Thursday, January 17 – The HiFi Bar, Sydney
Tuesday, January 22 – Billboard, Melbourne

Alabama Shakes – Big Day Out 2013 Sideshows:

Thursday, January 17 – The Metro, Sydney
Thursday, January 24 – The Forum Theatre, Melbourne

Band of Horses – Big Day Out 2013 Sideshows:

Tuesday, January 22 – Enmore Theatre, Sydney
Wednesday, January 23 – Palais Theatre, Melbourne

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Big Day Out 2013 Sideshows:

Tuesday, January 22 – The Metro, Sydney

Bloody Beetroots – Big Day Out Sideshows:

Saturday, January 19 – Enmore Theatre, Sydney, with special guest Peking Duk
Tuesday, January 22 – Tivoli Theatre, Brisbane, with special guest Peking Duk
Thursday, January 24 – Palace Theatre, Melbourne, with special guest Generik

OFF! – Big Day Out Sideshows

Thursday 17 January – Annandale Hotel (18+)
Monday 21 January – The Zoo (18+)
Wednesday 23 January – The Corner Hotel (18+)

Animal Collective – Big Day Out Sideshows

Wednesday 16 January 2013 – Enmore Theatre, Sydney.
Wednesday 23 January 2013 – Palace Theatre, Melbourne.

Sleigh Bells – Big Day Out Sideshows

Saturday January 19 2013 – Metro Theatre, Sydney
Wednesday January 23 2013 – Melbourne Billboard The Venue

Tempted by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. And the first chance to see The Killers in a club since 2005.

Prices are sure to be ridiculous, but at least I get paid in Australian dollars.

I think I'll go to all the Adelaide shows.

421px-I_see_what_you_did_there.jpg

For the Facebook users amongst us, how fucking annoying is this trend of "like if you're against cancer :( :( :( if you ignore this you want her to die".

And yet I have otherwise intelligent people my age liking those ridiculous posts every three seconds.

/pointlessrant

Don't worry about it, everything will be fine. They're curing lots of people every day. I'm sure they'll be alright.

i don't click any of the links, but you can't deny the true random-ness of CCD's posts here.

i concur with anyone who's saying springsteen is on the +75 list, and obviously i spent much more than that on the quadrophenia tix (i wish it would hurry up and be november already, i'm sick of waiting). but i'm down to pearl jam and repeat bruces for what i'd spend that much money on now. still have never seen pearl jam, and they're the only really big band i want to see that i've never seen (until i invent/steal/find that fucking time machine). i haven't tried on the backs of the last couple albums because i haven't enjoyed those albums, but i realize that was quite silly given what those more recent setlists have looked like.

still have never seen pearl jam, and they're the only really big band i want to see that i've never seen (until i invent/steal/find that fucking time machine). i haven't tried on the backs of the last couple albums because i haven't enjoyed those albums, but i realize that was quite silly given what those more recent setlists have looked like.

I've seen them, and I don't really even like them!

Same here. Damn good live show.

For the Facebook users amongst us, how fucking annoying is this trend of "like if you're against cancer :( :( :( if you ignore this you want her to die".

And yet I have otherwise intelligent people my age liking those ridiculous posts every three seconds.

/pointlessrant

"Most people will ignore this oh so heartfelt picture. If you are a real friend, CLICK SHARE! Only 5% of people will share this! CLICK SHARE!"

No, a real friend doesn't put up with this fucking drivel.

Same here. I enjoyed it a lot though.

Over the coming months I'll be seeing Radiohead, Sigur Ros and Bloc Party. They're all really high up on my list of favourite bands so yeah, I'm doing allright at the moment. The tickets aren't as ridiculously expensive as in Australia but still more expensive than in the USA.

Everything seems to be cheaper in the USA. :lol: In most cases it's cheaper for me to buy a cd on Amazon.com and have it shipped from across the pond than to buy it from Amazon.de and have it shipped from Charleroi, a town in Belgium. It takes longer but still...

Don't know where else to post this, but here's a song I stumbled across that has been stuck in my head for 2 days now.

It's the song that plays at the end of the movie "People Like Us" (which I quite liked, I mean, it has it's less than stellar points but it's a great story imo and it's pretty hard to stay completely dry eyed at the end. I'd say it's a must see for people like me with..fragmented..family backgrounds). I was just kindof sitting there with the credits rolling thinking about shit and this tune started to play.

Anyways it features renowned composer A.R. Rahman teamed up with Liz Phair, so kind of a different combo. Like I said it's kindof stuck in my head right now:

Liz Phair - Dotted Line - YouTube

still have never seen pearl jam, and they're the only really big band i want to see that i've never seen

Next time they play locally and assuming I can get through and get fan club tix (not a given with the way the sales have gone in recent years), you're welcome to join me if you like. Seats will be pretty good (Headache can attest to that).

Don't know where else to post this, but here's a song I stumbled across that has been stuck in my head for 2 days now.

It's the song that plays at the end of the movie "People Like Us" (which I quite liked, I mean, it has it's less than stellar points but it's a great story imo and it's pretty hard to stay completely dry eyed at the end. I'd say it's a must see for people like me with..fragmented..family backgrounds). I was just kindof sitting there with the credits rolling thinking about shit and this tune started to play.

Anyways it features renowned composer A.R. Rahman teamed up with Liz Phair, so kind of a different combo. Like I said it's kindof stuck in my head right now:

Liz Phair - Dotted Line - YouTube

:down:

Liz Phair descends even deeper into irrelevance/adult contemporary dreck.

Need to post this to remind people she once made great music:

Liz Phair - Stratford-On-Guy - YouTube

Yeah, I'm aware that it's quite a departure from her earlier stuff..HWC springs to mind also. lol. oh well. It's a song for a sappy movie, and it fits, I like her voice in it. Too bad it can't just be appreciated on those merits. :shrug:

She's never had a great singing voice. Take away her formerly clever and unique perspective, and you're left with something pretty generic and subpar.

I think I may have hit upon the ultimate musically related first world problem here.

As I think I have mentioned before, I am a subscriber to iTunes Match. $25 per year is, IMHO, a fair price to have my entire music library at my disposal on my phone, streaming on my Apple TV, and backed up to the cloud.

The problem I am having is with metadata on bonus tracks purchased from the iTunes store. Perfect example, the new Helio Sequence album. I ripped the CD into iTunes and the album name is appropriately tagged "Negotiations." I also downloaded the bonus track, Skyline, from the iTunes store. The album name on that track is "Negotiations (Bonus Track Version)." I truncated the name back to just "Negotiations" in iTunes and it shows up that way in iTunes and on my iPod, but on my phone it still shows up as two separate albums. The obvious solution is just to retag all the tracks as "(Bonus Track Version)," but this is unacceptable to me. There has to be a proper solution. :gah:

Just checking in on this Tuesday:

Blame it on the blaaaaaaack staaaaaaaaarrrrrrr

Blame it on the falllling skyyyyyyyyy

Blame it on the saaaaaaatellliiiiiiiiiite that brings me home

Great song. You remind me that I don't listen to The Bends enough. My Radiohead albums of choice are always OK Computer, Kid A or In Rainbows.

Danny Boy said:
I think I may have hit upon the ultimate musically related first world problem here.

As I think I have mentioned before, I am a subscriber to iTunes Match. $25 per year is, IMHO, a fair price to have my entire music library at my disposal on my phone, streaming on my Apple TV, and backed up to the cloud.

The problem I am having is with metadata on bonus tracks purchased from the iTunes store. Perfect example, the new Helio Sequence album. I ripped the CD into iTunes and the album name is appropriately tagged "Negotiations." I also downloaded the bonus track, Skyline, from the iTunes store. The album name on that track is "Negotiations (Bonus Track Version)." I truncated the name back to just "Negotiations" in iTunes and it shows up that way in iTunes and on my iPod, but on my phone it still shows up as two separate albums. The obvious solution is just to retag all the tracks as "(Bonus Track Version)," but this is unacceptable to me. There has to be a proper solution. :gah:

That truly is a first world problem.

40 hours without a cigarette. Wish me luck, I'm really going for it. Cravings haven't been anything too crazy so far, but I'm sure they'll get worse.

I think you need to right click on the songs and choose "show info". In there, change the album names and also the track numbers. Your original album is probably showing one less track total than the album with the bonus (ie 1 of 10, 2 of 10, 3 of 10.... the new bonus song is 11 of 11, so iTunes doesn't know how to handle it in relation to the rest of the songs)

I think you need to right click on the songs and choose "show info". In there, change the album names and also the track numbers. Your original album is probably showing one less track total than the album with the bonus (ie 1 of 10, 2 of 10, 3 of 10.... the new bonus song is 11 of 11, so iTunes doesn't know how to handle it in relation to the rest of the songs)

Tried it. Doesn't work. It doesn't even change the name of the album on the bonus track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom