Random Music Talk LXVII: All the First-World Problems You Can Handle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be $38 just for Earth and a mediocre opener I didn't care for when she supported Boris back in March, so you're onto the better deal there.

I'm exaggerating a bit. I have a love-hate relationship with Elvis Costello and I don't care overly much for Iggy Pop, but I'm excited as hell to see him. Then of course, Jesus and Mary Chain are playing next to nothing from Darklands. The other bands, I'm just not SUPER familiar with, but I love almost everything I've heard by them.

I'm exaggerating a bit. I have a love-hate relationship with Elvis Costello and I don't care overly much for Iggy Pop, but I'm excited as hell to see him. Then of course, Jesus and Mary Chain are playing next to nothing from Darklands. The other bands, I'm just not SUPER familiar with, but I love almost everything I've heard by them.

Good thing we're not just seeing Iggy Pop!

Four of the band members from the 1970 incarnation are playing with them now, and two members are from the original 1967 lineup. It's a pretty legit reunion, so that's cool.

Scout Grade

17th at his POSITION
9th REGIONALLY
2nd in STATE

:hmm:

Best Illini basketball recruit since Dee Brown. The state is on fire.

John Groce. Remember that name, and Google that name...all of you...if you don't know who he is.

John Groce. Spelled (first name) J-O-H-N (last name) G-R-O-C-E.

Seeing Built to Spill in like 14 hours holy shit

:up:

Hope that the crowd isn't ruined by one incredibly obnoxious wanker like when I saw them! Seriously, both Doug and one of the other band members had to tell this guy to stop being a douchebag. I'm amazed he wasn't evicted. I hate that this is my enduring memory of seeing BTS.

Then of course, Jesus and Mary Chain are playing next to nothing from Darklands.

I'd primarily want to see them for Psychocandy stuff if they came down here.

I don't dislike Pyschocandy, but I was a bit disappointed by it. Darklands on the other hand...:drool:

I get more pleasure out of Stoned And Dethroned than any other JAMC album now. Don't care if it's atypical.

Been listening to these guys since Automatic came out and saw them several times live. I've earned the right.

Genesis - The Colony of Slippermen - YouTube

Genesis_14_wenn1592626.jpg

^ This MOR douchebag makes this psychedelic magic mushroom music?

Oh dude, you're going to have an awesome time

It's in a super small venue as well, which should make it all the more entertaining.

Genesis - The Colony of Slippermen - YouTube

Genesis_14_wenn1592626.jpg

^ This MOR douchebag makes this psychedelic magic mushroom music?

My guess is Peter Gabriel is more responsible for the song than Old Phil. Those first few Collins-led Genesis albums are really strong, though, especially Trick of the Tail. Phil doesn't get enough credit as a songwriter.

I get more pleasure out of Stoned And Dethroned than any other JAMC album now. Don't care if it's atypical.

Been listening to these guys since Automatic came out and saw them several times live. I've earned the right.

Come On is an awesome song. Darklands is my fav, but I'd probably rather listen to Automatic on most days. Head On, Half Way To Crazy, Blues From a Gun, etc. Fun songs.

One Sunday Morning (Song for Jane Smiley's Boyfriend) is a lovely song to listen to on a Sunday morning when you're cleaning the house for a special houseguest who happens to be one ms. corianderstem and together you'll see Wilco on Tuesday.

And in case there are still people out there who have not heard this wonderful song:
That is all.

I saw Wilco live a few weeks ago. It was awesome, but way too short (it was at a festival). Every song of theirs is better live.

One Sunday Morning is great as well.

Small talk...I see what you did there. No conversation at the urinal after getting out of the pool, but its fine at other times.

SHRINKAGE!!

Come On is an awesome song. Darklands is my fav, but I'd probably rather listen to Automatic on most days. Head On, Half Way To Crazy, Blues From a Gun, etc. Fun songs.

Automatic is my other fav. Sound prob hasn't aged well but really strong stuff. Those above but also Between Planets, Coast To Coast, Here Comes Alice...

I want you to stop using this thread for an alibi, Danny Boy. It's for music discussion

Damn, DB.

Imp I bought, downloaded and watched that Rob Delaney dude's comedy special but didn't like it quite as much as I hoped I would, I think mostly because he interrupts himself and goes on tangents that get away from the story/joke I was interested in. And I think there's probably only so many jokes about shitting that I can hear in an hour and still laugh at. :lol:

That said, the bit about testicular cancer was absolutely hilarious. "uhhh SPORTS! SPORTSBALL!"

Heeeyyy Missstahh Caaahhttehhh
Tell me where'a'ya bin

I like Dr. Carter even more, actually, and A Milli is my ultimate guilty pleasure. Sadly, the rest of that record is useless as I'm concerned.

Not sure about "next time you mention Pac, Biggie and Jay-Z don't forget Weezy baby"

Dr Carter is okay, not great, his vocals ruin it. A Milli, though, is horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom