Random Music Talk LXVI: This is not a rutabaga song...this is CELERY SALTY CELERY!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't a fan of any of those bands specifically, but I do remember liking the occasional song from some of them when I was younger.

Except for Trapt-I only know "Headstrong" by them, but I HATE that song, and Slipknot I've only heard bits and pieces of (which is odd, given they're from my state) and therefore can't really comment on.

Also, regarding Van Morrison, just heard "Brown-Eyed Girl" earlier. Love that song. But "Moondance" has to be my personal favorite song from him.

I hate to pry, but, do you know your right from wrong?

Well, given my political views some out there would claim I don't :wink:.

Found a picture of Iron Yuppie:

lastexittospringfield7_thumb.png

“I hope they kill that iron yuppie, thinks he’s so big.” – Homer Simpson

One of my favorite all-time Simpsons lines. I love the delivery from Homer.

But "Moondance" has to be my personal favorite song from him.

Same for me.

Last Exit To Springfield is probably one of the best episodes ever.

I haven't seen it in years, but I remember not being one of my favourites because I never thought it was that funny. But I was probably just too young.

After seeing Van Morrison a few years ago, I picked up a bunch of his albums (I'd had Moondance, Tupelo Honey and a Greatest Hits before that), even hunting down a few out-of-print older albums. I can't remember if it was Veedon Fleece that was hard to find, or Saint Dominic's Preview.

Anyway. I've been really into him the last year or so. Just great music to play on a Sunday. Or any other day where I feel kind of mellow and Vanny.

A friend just offered me a free ticket to Bumbershoot for Monday, and while I'm not really a big fan of going (festivals, you know), I will certainly take him up on the offer. I can see Best Coast and M83 for free!

And then, if I'm feeling really ambitious, I can stay until the end of the day and catch Skillrex!!!!!!

(This will not happen.)

So we'll march day and niiiiiight, by the old cooling tower
They have the plant, but we have the power!

After seeing Van Morrison a few years ago, I picked up a bunch of his albums (I'd had Moondance, Tupelo Honey and a Greatest Hits before that), even hunting down a few out-of-print older albums. I can't remember if it was Veedon Fleece that was hard to find, or Saint Dominic's Preview.

Anyway. I've been really into him the last year or so. Just great music to play on a Sunday. Or any other day where I feel kind of mellow and Vanny.

Highly recommend getting the b-sides collection The Philosopher Stone if you don't have it already.

I don't mind recent Simpsons seasons. I don't think they're nearly as bad as many assume.

zmbrt.gif

Purity Ring put on an excellent show. Almost all of those songs improved in the live setting. I like Future Islands, but I'm not sure how they would hold up live.

Well, I started at Pains (which began about 15 minutes earlier), then went over to Future Islands despite enjoying the former a lot. Wasn't feeling it at all and quickly returned to Pains. Never heard any of their stuff before but definitely going to check them out.

Sleigh Bells were pretty awesome. Totally over the top with these giant lights and stacks of speakers but very fitting. Got the crowd riled up. I left to go see some of Purity Ring, who were rather lifeless. So again, returned to catch the rest of the first act I was watching.

The Vaselines were a lot of fun. Always nice to see some of these classic alt. bands. Funny and lewd stage banter.

Caught some of Warpaint, not bad, but kind of boring.

M83 delivered in a big way. Having that full band really makes a difference. While they didn't play some of the songs I was hoping to hear (esp. New Map), I loved everything that was in the set.

Replace "guy" with "girl" and you've pretty much got what I expected. For some reason I really just thought it was yet another run-of-the-mill flavour-of-the-month female indie-pop singer.

Fingers crossed, guys! Riley might get to come home today!

(Riley is my little brother)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom