Random Music Talk LIV: A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy (and Mac & Cheese)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was actually thinking about the "open the fridge, now I know life is worth" line.

And we're in agreement about that other thing.

Right, right. But when you mentioned the song that was the first line that popped into my head.

When I first learned how to play actual power chords on an electric guitar and make them sound half good, I annoyed the living shit out of my roommate playing the main riff to that song over and over.

Curtis Mayfield fucking kicked ass at music. Curtis/Roots/Superfly is a tremendous trio of albums.

Come on, these are still funnier than the titles Nipples was making.

Ultravanilla (Ice My Cake)
If God Will Send His Bagels
Stuck In A Mojito You Can't Drink Out Of
I Still Haven't Found Wasabi Pulled Pork

It's 70 and sunny. IN MARCH. This is unheard of. I'm going to listen to Washed Out and drink a beer on the balcony. This is fucking sweet.

You just keep telling yourself that.

Laz is wrong about a great many things, but this is not one of them.

Boy, I am striking out trying to find songs about food in my collection. All I can find are songs with food in the title .... not so much with specific kinds of food. This is disappointing.

How do I have no songs with "cheese" somewhere in the title?

Soul Food - Martina Topley-Bird
Senegal Fast Food - Amadou & Mariam
Hospital Food - David Gray
Food - Nellie McKay
Too Much Food - Jason Mraz

Trying to think of songs that talk about food in the lyrics but don't have it in the title is too much for me today.

Maybe Acrobat? Swallow, spit, throw it up, choke on it ..... I bet he means a cheeseburger.

Folks, Apple stock was up over $20 a share today, and is now scratching at the door of $600. A few days ago it was at $550.

I may be moving into the douchebag section with NSW.

Speaking of tech folks, stock and being stinking rich, I found out this weekend that one of the people in my choir - a youngish guy, maybe early 40s tops - he's one of those "Microsoft Millionnaires" that are floating around out here, who got in early, made a shit ton of money from stock, and retired.

And another lady in the choir retired some time ago in the same fashion from Amazon.

Wish I'd moved out here and gotten my own job 10 years earlier. Oh well, such is life.

"
"21 Questions" - 50 Cent feat. Nate Dogg (I love you like a fat kid love cake)

That reminded me of Little Jackie's "28 Butts" which has several food references...something about cuttin' out meat and dairy and something about a watermelon.

I love that song.

And a colleague was bragging about her Apple stock just yesterday.

Choppin' Broccoli is my song choice. :wink:

All this talk about food over the last 24 hrs has some crazily unhealthy dinner ideas floating around my head.

Excellent clip selection, particularly since her debut album's title is an AD reference.

WHEELS WITHIN WHEELS

Thanks, I was reading about that... I can't remember which episode though? Is it Oscar Bluth proposing to Lucille?

He believes that he is going to live to be 130 or something like that.

Scientists believe the first human being to live to 150 has already been born. I believe I am that human being.

Arrested Development is the second best TV comedy ever, by the way.

Seinfeld your #1?

GirlsAloudFan;7487552" said:
21 Questions" - 50 Cent feat. Nate Dogg

I seriously love this song. RIP Nate Dogg.

I'm sitting here with my four year old brother-in-law, watching Blue's Clues. This is the freakiest shit I've ever seen. Steve is carrying a kaleidoscope around with him and there's generic Indian drone music following him wherever he goes. He's also said "cool" at least half a dozen times in the last 5 minutes. What the hell are they teaching kids these days?

"Wooahhhh...look how much MAIL we got..."

I'm sitting here with my four year old brother-in-law, watching Blue's Clues. This is the freakiest shit I've ever seen. Steve is carrying a kaleidoscope around with him and there's generic Indian drone music following him wherever he goes. He's also said "cool" at least half a dozen times in the last 5 minutes. What the hell are they teaching kids these days?

"Wooahhhh...look how much MAIL we got..."

Oh, lord, I forgot all about that show. Yeah. I also love how painfully obvious the "clues" are. I mean, I know it's a show for kids and everything, but still...

Speaking of freaky shit, ever seen "Boobah"?

Moonlit_Angel said:
Oh, lord, I forgot all about that show. Yeah. I also love how painfully obvious the "clues" are. I mean, I know it's a show for kids and everything, but still...

Steve is high as a fucking kite if he's not seeing those clues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom