Random Music Talk LIII: Even more fun than the last thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fine, Elfa. Don't even acknowledge my sonic boom joke. You have hurt me deeply.

Guile%27s_Sonic_Boom.gif

I would place this in my top 10 all-time SNES games along with:

DKC 1,2,3
Mega Man X
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Turtles In Time
Ken Griffey Jr. baseball
NBA Jam

Is it really going to be a Dollarama? I hate the new store, totally lacks the charm of the old one...

Yep. And apparently the landlords didn't even give Sonic Boom a chance to renew/match the new lease. I hope dollarama crashes and burns. Just a shitty store to have in this part of the neighbourhood.

I agree about their new space, too. I just isn;t the same. especially without the big window displays

For all of the Depeche Mode fans:

Video: Dave Gahan Discusses Depeche Mode's Upcoming Album | Music News | Rolling Stone

Depeche Mode are just about ready to record their 12th album, says frontman Dave Gahan. The record will be produced by Ben Hillier, but Gahan says Depeche Mode co-founder Martin Gore will step up with more production responsibilities than on previous LPs. "We've got about 20 songs demoed and we're going to begin recording at the end of next month," he recently told Rolling Stone. "It's a very different process from what it used to be. You've got to put interesting people around you, you've got to work with people who are gonna inspire you to take the songs you've written into a completely different direction, because there's nothing more boring than going to the studio and predictably knowing what is going to happen."

:hyper:

DKC 1,2,3
Mega Man X
Super Mario World
Super Mario Kart
Turtles In Time

that list is like the days from my youth where it was too rainy for my mom to make me go outside all over again. i won't mention the aladdin or jeopardy games to replace your sports games...oh wait. crap. i know. what 13 year old plays jeopardy on their super nintendo? this one did.

So I'm at this writers' conference in Chicago (not a writer myself as is blatantly obvious but I work with writers) and attended an interesting panel today about why there isn't more serious literary criticism of song lyrics, and the relationship between lyrics and poems. Some smart poets talking about Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan and the blues. Finally an afternoon panel that didn't put me to sleep.

And I'm having some ridiculously good food.

And bought a bunch of books at the book fair.

And now I'm just staring out the window of the 17th floor of my hotel room with an amazing view. I never get a room with a view but I lucked out this time.

So I'm at this writers' conference in Chicago (not a writer myself as is blatantly obvious but I work with writers) and attended an interesting panel today about why there isn't more serious literary criticism of song lyrics, and the relationship between lyrics and poems. Some smart poets talking about Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan and the blues. Finally an afternoon panel that didn't put me to sleep.

And now I'm just staring out the window of the 17th floor of my hotel room with an amazing view. I never get a room with a view but I lucked out this time.
You're in Chicago? :hyper: Enjoy!

I am! Seafood, Vietnamese food, and tonight Indian. :drool:

Oh, and I also heard this writer I love Kevin Young read an essay you'd all love about mixtapes, from his new book The Grey Album: On the Blackness of Blackness. He was pining for his old tape deck with the fade button....my colleagues were pointing at me and laughing.

She'll be Tebowing in no time.

Cool :up: I'm right around the corner. I'm pissed that they had to move out of the old place to make room for Dollarama.

Sonic Boom at Bloor and Bathurst :up:

You should meet up!

You should meet up!

That sounds incredibly fun. I'd LOVE to be a part of that. Glad to hear you're enjoying yourself at the conference and in Chicago in general.

Joyful wanted me to go to that, but I seriously needed to catch up on sleep. Sounds like an excellent time though.

I'm going to celebrate his birthday by saying something rude about that new movie version.

It looks like utter shit.

Danny Devito as The Lorax? Are you fucking kidding me? Like I'm unable to picture Frank as The Lorax.

that list is like the days from my youth where it was too rainy for my mom to make me go outside all over again. i won't mention the aladdin or jeopardy games to replace your sports games...oh wait. crap. i know. what 13 year old plays jeopardy on their super nintendo? this one did.

Ho-lee shit. Jeopardy and Aladdin were my two favourite SNES games. Played them both until I had all the Jeopardy clues memorized and Aladdin became nothing more than muscle memory. I miss my SNES. My mom sold it at our last garage sale with all my games. Sigh.

Back
Top Bottom