Random Music Talk LI: In Which We Don't Mention Menstruation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still listen to cds in my car, so I burn my few digital purchases onto cd anyway.

In random, non-Cure, non-Clash related music news, Spiritualized is coming to a venue near me on a night I could manage for 42 clams. Should I attempt a ticket Friday after I hammer down a front-row Springsteen ticket?

I have no idea who he is, but I love it.
Who is it?

AhYMpTcCIAAzY2y.jpg

Is it possible that The Clash's debut is better than London Calling? :shifty:
Hrm. No, sir. It isn't. They're both exceptional albums and I rank them equally, though I'm more likely to listen to London Calling than the UK debut simply because it's longer and the more Clash, the better.

I haven't listened to Disintegration since 2008, if I'm not mistaken. Haven't watched House since the season premiere episode where he was in rehab. It got goofy after that and I gave up. Was that before or after Chase killed James Earl Jones?

So this Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Is it worth the 8 dollars iTunes just charged me?

I'll sing me some karaoke Brilliant Disguise or I'm on Fire.. But apart from that

what's the gist of them?

I was looking for them online, but I can't find them anywhere. Pretty much the last few sentences are a somewhat vague fantasy sequence ending with something like "because I'm Herman Cain, the President of the United States of America"

Here it is!

“Well, I’m just about at the elevator up to the family quarters. But bear with me for just a minute more as I confirm who I am. It’s obvious; I’m the president of the United States of America!"

That's how the goddamn book ends

I've seriously watched that lip reading clip about 30 times.

"Women have a special feeling, though. They got an extra fatal lady shimmer, of no maximum strength. You could be sick pooping out blood, and you'd still want them!"

There is only one album in my collection that iTunes Match will not recognize or upload:

Beady Eye's Different Gear, Still Speeding. Coincidence?

Also I'm not a huuuuge Bruce fan, jt. Defs won't be listening to the new album. I mean, I love Born to Run passionately, but aside from three or four songs I don't like Born in the USA at all.

Born in the USA is mostly overproduced, dated pap. Don't let it spoil you on the rest of Bruce's work.

Here it is!

“Well, I’m just about at the elevator up to the family quarters. But bear with me for just a minute more as I confirm who I am. It’s obvious; I’m the president of the United States of America!"

Why did he need us to bear with him for a whole minute? It only takes a couple seconds to read that last sentence.

There is only one album in my collection that iTunes Match will not recognize or upload:

Beady Eye's Different Gear, Still Speeding. Coincidence?

Nice to know Steve Jobs left us with some software intelligent enough to avoid subjecting itself to that shit.

I don't like him as much as many here, but I still like him. Album wise, I only own Born to Run, Darkness, Nebraska, and Magic. I have his Greatest Hits album from the '90's as well (bought it when I was in high school). I still haven't ever seen him live, but really want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom