Random Music Talk L: I Have A Dreamsicle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news: I like Wire now. A great deal, in fact. It was actually Pink Flag I couldn't get into, but even though I still prefer their more abstract work like 154, there are a bunch of really good songs here. It's way poppier than I remember it being too...I was a real wuss a few years back, I guess.

One final weather comment for Danny Boy and mobvok, then I'll shut up about it.

Cliff Mass thinks Wednesday'll be the shit storm. That works for me. I have stuff I actually need to do in the office tomorrow!

Have you seen his blog? He's supposedly THE weather guru for the PNW.

Cliff Mass Weather Blog

Cliff "Moses" Mass has descended from the mountain and give the plebes an evening update, probably around 6-12 inches of snow and no Thursday melt off.

Poor, poor pitiful west coasters and your fear of some snow on the ground.

Save your whining and go buy me a Pepsi.

Poor, poor pitiful west coasters and your fear of some snow on the ground.

Save your whining and go buy me a Pepsi.

Get outta here, Chicago scum!

We don't need your kind around here. Sassing us.

that's $1.29, right? I'll be right back

Ha, I don't know. I don't even really like Pepsi all that much.

Seattle is actually a really cool city. It's the home of Frasier Crane and Marshawn Lynch and Mike McCready. So I hope that the whole city doesn't die in a snow storm.

Ask me how often it is that the first thing I play on my guitar when I pick it up is the opening credits theme from the Buffy The Vampire Slayer TV series.

Ha, I don't know. I don't even really like Pepsi all that much.

Seattle is actually a really cool city. It's the home of Frasier Crane and Marshawn Lynch and Mike McCready. So I hope that the whole city doesn't die in a snow storm.

Yeah, given that city's brought me some of my favorite entertainment people/shows, and some good music, I really should visit it someday. I've never been to the northwestern U.S.

You guys wouldn't know what hit you if you came and experienced a REAL "major snowstorm" here in the middle of the country :p. Add in the bitter, bitter cold we can get and it's fun times for all!

Kate Beckinsale is on Conan. She's gorgeous, charming, AND funny. I'm in lurve

*swoon*

My apartment is located on a particularly hilly section of road, so the fact that the sidewalks will basically be ice for the next two months is not fun.

In other news, I'm slightly concerned about my eyesight. I spend so much time having to read computer and phone screens, and my eyes are starting to struggle to focus. Part of the problem is that I can't really avoid computer and phone screens because so much of my work involves being on them.

On the bright side, I found the money I lost. It slipped through a crack in my drawer. I found it by taking part of the desk apart. Hooray, carpentry skills.

Hooray! Glad to hear that about the money :).

Yeah, computer screens can really mess with your eyesight. It's starting to happen to me at times a bit, too.

Kate Beckinsale is on Conan. She's gorgeous, charming, AND funny. I'm in lurve

*swoon*

I admire and envy women like that-I've got a small list of girls I could name that would fit that bill.

I'm watching Craig's show-Lucy Liu's on that one.

Slipping your wood through a crack in your drawers is the quickest way to lose $100 to Lance's Mom

So at the end of this, we'll have 50,000 Random Music Posts. What do we reckon has come up most often? I'll throw a few out there

- Big Boi/Andre 3000/Outkast/Bitches/Niggas
- Laz typing LOL in response to a perfectly acceptable opinion
- Peef using less than half a line in a post
- Lance's Mum
- Shouter caring more than all of us combined
- People being offended at something I've said
- The 99% not caring that Wilco have put their name to a product
- How Hail to the Thief could be improved
- Discussion of Clash albums
- Discussion of The Cure albums/singles
- Discussion of New Order and their merits vs Joy Division
- Hardcore appreciation for hot indie female artists, particularly of the swooncore variety
- Bomac hinting that Arcade Fire are quite capable in a live environment
- Drunk peef posts
- Posts made on L.A. freeways
- Bewilderment expressed at the stupidity of many posters in EYKIW

Please add to the list.

At the end of this thread it'll be more like 35000 posts. Remember, the limit used to be 500 per thread.

That Comeback Kid single by Sleigh Bells is pretty coolio.

I downloaded this from Freegal this morning and put it into iTunes, but it still hasn't shown up in my iCloud library.

Apparently iTunes Match went live in 19 new countries this morning and Apple's servers completely shit the bed. I guess I'll have to listen to it when I get home.

Paging Texting Impy...

577b913b.jpg

Flotique is proud to present a luxurious limited edition of 'No Light, No Light', the new single to be taken from Florence + the Machine's acclaimed album Ceremonials.

This is the second of a series of limited Florence vinyl releases with The Vinyl Factory; each cover will showcase the creative collaboration between Florence Welch and Chanel creative director Karl Lagerfeld, who personally chose Florence as his muse for next season's collection and for whom she performed at Paris Fashion Week.

Each cover has been screen printed, silver foiled and hand numbered on pristine white card and features a unique series of photographic portraits personally taken by the fashion legend, which will remain exclusive to these releases.

Each sleeve houses a heavyweight 180-gram 12" white vinyl contained in a black inner bag. The record itself is the only physical release of 'No Light No Light', and includes a remix by TV on the Radio's Dave Sitek, only available physically on this release.

Seems to be a really nice release there. No excuses, Florence fans.

I could be wrong, but I don't picture her fanbase being big vinyl people .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom