Random Music Talk L: I Have A Dreamsicle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
man, i must have hit every single package store in town trying to find boxes so i can pack up my books and move on wednesday, every single one of those bastards broke them down to recycle them already. the gas i spent driving around probably cost about as much as it would have had i just gone to staples or wherever it is that one buys cardboard. who buys cardboard? and since when does the guy at the liquor store look at you like you've got two heads when you ask if they've got leftovers?

in other news, "all the umbrellas in london" is my favorite magnetic fields song.

The single sounds... surprising. Not sure if I like it.

even though i pretty much hate every jack white-related thing i've ever heard (save a handful of songs off the first raconteurs album) i bet it's better than the new van halen single!

so if i multi-post it to 1k posts myself while it seems to be quiet 'round these parts, does that mean i can make the new one? i wouldn't want to be like cobbler and break protocols making it too soon or something. actually, i don't even know if that was cobbler, i just assumed it was since he is...well...cobbler. :wink:

I am kind of in the same boat as IWB when it comes to nearly anything that Jack White does (save for "We're Going to Be Friends"), but this song's pretty dope.

OK, Mofo, I just picked a random song by Cursive on Grooveshark, and I liked it. Lead me.

Which song?

I REALLY love the album The Ugly Organ, probably would be in my top 10 or 20 fav albums of the previous decade. Many others out there feel the same way about their album, Domestica, which I also like (but not quite as much). I highly recommend the following tracks from Ugly Organ (and had to delete out about 4 other tracks I originally included, as I didn't want to overload):

Red-Handed Slight of Hand
The Recluse

Other albums wise, I really like these songs:

The Great Decay
Dorothy at Forty
At Conception
Hymns for the Heathen
We're Going to Hell
What Have I Done?
From the Hips
I can't pick one from Domestica, as it it all kind of blurs together in my head (in a good way)

You used the words Robby Smithy, which I believe may be a pseudonym for an arteest I am quite interested in the music of, so I'm sold already.

Also, I'll just go ahead and listen to The Ugly Organ as soon as I am done house hunting this afternoon.

Might I also add that this might be my favorite cover art of all time:

61Nz5AlY9aL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Has there ever been more accurate a depiction?

there was someone who got hired where i work named robert smith. i don't think he ever worked a single shift, but his name was on the list of "pagers are in for the following people:" (feel free to carry over the joke from the van halen thread, but they still use them. not me, mine broke like 3 years ago and i don't feel like telling them i need a new one...cos i don't. they're pretty much useless). but i pointed this out to about 6 or 7 people, and only one person got it. i work with music-tasteless assholes. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom