Random Music Talk L: I Have A Dreamsicle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:
The Peef being too lazy to make a meme list meme is in and of itself one of our most memorable memes.

How do you pronounce meme anyway?

Meem

It was Gaf and it got one of the most genuine laughs from me on here... it was just so blunt. And we all saw the thread just sitting there for a few hours before he posted it

It was Gaf and it got one of the most genuine laughs from me on here... it was just so blunt. And we all saw the thread just sitting there for a few hours before he posted it

It's funny because GAF is arguably the most happy-go-lucky (drunky) guy here. Rarely snaps at anyone or talks smack. He's pretty positive about most things, even bands that everyone makes fun of. Maybe it's the booze and weed but I think he sets an example we all could learn from.

Which makes it even more hilarious when he does something like "No one wants to play your stupid game", or when he went crazy over iYup's teaching credentials.

Ironically, I think I make jokes at GAF's expense more than anyone else's (at least since NSW's departure). Not sure why that is, because believe me we have a lot of easy targets here so I need to spread the "love" out a little more.

Ever have one of those days where your email box just blows up with traffic?

407716_890786888818_4708490_39439417_286972278_n.jpg

I meant to say something the other day, but forgot. Was someone suggesting that in the Midwest we don't use plows for less than a FOOT of snow?

Might be referring to me with that, and that's not quite what I said. I said that for a mere one or two inches, I have no memory of anyone ever bringing out snowplows in the Midwest.

But god, yeah, 4 or more, we definitely use them. And we'll use them today, 'cause it's snowing quite good outside.

As for that "Dumbest Generation" article from a few pages back, certainly there's people in that age group that article can apply to, but god, I've seen plenty of adults use the Internet for less than educational purposes, and whose spelling/grammar skills leave a lot to be desired. Let's just say it often isn't young people popping up on that "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?" show. Heck, I've seen a disturbingly large number of teachers on there who don't seem to know how to answer most of those questions. I guess, instead of being all, "Kids these days!", adults should focus on figuring out ways to get kids more interested in learning again if they think young people are having that big a problem getting a proper education.

(People mentioned their spelling pet peeves-my big one is with people not being able to tell the difference between "there", "their", and "they're" or "your" and "you're".)

:lol:, yeah, I went back and re-read your post with the benefit of it not being 4 AM while I was exhausted at work and you said 2 inches, not 12. :doh:

:lol:, yeah, I went back and re-read your post with the benefit of it not being 4 AM while I was exhausted at work and you said 2 inches, not 12. :doh:

It's cool :). I've done that before, too. I just felt bad because I automatically assumed I must not have clarified well :p.

Sorry to hear about Etta James dying. That's a shame. Another great talent lost.

So I see that LCD Soundsystem documentary "Shut Up and Play the Hits" is premiering at Sundance next week.

I have some hook ups getting Sundance tickets, so there's a chance I'll get to see it :up:

I wonder if James Murphy will be at the premiere like U2 was for the premiere of U23D in 2008?

If anyone cares, the track listing finally was announced for that U2.com thing:

1. Bad
2. Where The Streets Have No Name
3. Magnificent
4. One
5. Ultraviolet
6. Even Better Than The Real Thing
7. With Or Without You
8. Beautiful Day
9. City Of Blinding Lights
10. The Unforgettable Fire
11. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
12. All I Want Is You/Love Rescue Me
13. Moment Of Surrender
14. Until The End Of The World
15. The Fly
16. One Tree Hill
17. Stay (Faraway, So Close)
18. Walk On
19. Zooropa
20. Elevation
21. Out Of Control
22. Mysterious Ways

Not too shabby. Some stuff I would have liked to have seen, but happy some others are there. Honestly, I was expecting much worse.

I know. I'm pleasantly surprised Crazy Tonight didn't make the cut, as I think it was right up there in the running for a long time.

I know people were hoping for a recent version with the Discotheque snippet, but the sample given on the site was from the same Dublin version that was already released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom