Random Music Talk L: I Have A Dreamsicle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never have dreams about school. Though graduating high school with a C average and dropping out of college 3/4 of the way probably illustrates I didn't take it very seriously.

I've had the odd Shuttlecock dream where I'm hearing the unreleased "new" album only to wake up realizing I have like 2+ years before that's gonna happen.

Everyone dies in my dreams.

Because I kill them.

Haha, I was thinking about making a similar joke.

There's an old Gilmore Girls episode where Lorelai had some weird dream and is telling Rory about the dream, and then Rory interrupts and starts recounting one of her recent dreams. Lorelai says something to the effect of "This is why it's stupid to tell people about your dreams. Because nobody cares about the dream as much as the person who's had it, and the person you're telling is always reminded of one of their dreams and starts talking about it. It sucks."

That little bit of dialogue always stuck with me and rang true. And to this day I never really tell other people about my dreams.

Ahhh, danny, you don't know me that well.

I love Lorelai, she's fucking incredible, but Rory is my girl. Easily my favorite fictional character of all-time, and I consider Alexis Bledel to be just about the most beautiful person on the planet.

I honestly can't recall ever having a dream about her, though.

I have dreams where I'm backstage in my college recital hall, waiting to go out and give a piano recital. Naturally, I do not know any of the music.

Those are my least favorite.

The only recurring thing that happens in my dreams is that I find myself swallowing a small, foreign object, like a stone or a coin. I think I'm choking, but then I swallow it, and then go on with whatever I'm doing.

GAF has dreams where he's hanging out with Elle Fanning and a news bulletin comes in the TV saying the national age of consent is now 15, and right when he's about to move he wakes up.

It's traumatizing.

cobl04 said:
no, because I was smart enough to drop maths as soon as it was possible. Awful, awful subject.

My psychology curriculum has led me to yet another, higher-level statistics course. Basically, it's 10th grade math, but every problem is a word problem. Every time I think I'm out, they pull me back in.

#stupidgeneration

Alexis Bledel is a lovely woman. What the hell is she doing nowadays, anyway?

She's doing movies. She's been in at least a couple of feature films each year since GG ended.

None of them very successful, some of them have been more low-key, low-budget stuff. She was in Robert Redford's latest directorial effort, and she's in a movie coming up later this year where she plays an assassin alongside Saoirse Ronan.

As a tail-end boomer, I'm going to say that I fucking HATE IT when the old farts go off about how stupid these kids today are. They have no idea how difficult educational expectations are for the kids and how hard they (you all) have to work to get anything. When the old farts were young, they made fun of colored people and tipped over outhouses and laughed when the old farts of that day called them stupid. I refuse to read anything by anyone complaining about how bad it is now and how good it was then.

/hungry, tired, incoherent rant

GirlsAloudFan said:
I honestly don't even think I could make love to her. It would be one of those things where I'd just be crying the whole time. It'd be a mess.

This is the point at which I would reference Screwtape and get big laughs, but Dalton, NSW and YLB don't post in here anymore. :(

2008 was the best year of Interference IMO, possibly 2007. Peak Screwtape years FWIW.

For Zoots, it was probably sometime in the 90s.

The Peef being too lazy to make a meme list meme is in and of itself one of our most memorable memes.

How do you pronounce meme anyway?

The teeth falling out dream sucks too and is apparently quite common

I don't have that one, but I dream all of the time that I'm pushing out my front top teeth with my bottom teeth all of the time. I think I may be grinding my teeth in my sleep and dreaming about it :uhoh:

Is it true that you can't die in your dreams?

I have dreamed I died twice in my life. Horrible. Horrible experience.
I'll laugh in their absence, because I get the joke and it is funny.

Same here.

2007 is before most of our funniest memes began.

I'd be able to illustrate it for you if Peer had ever finished that fucking list.

The meme's of 2007 (Timmy T) would definitely not be remembered by most in here today. 2008 on the other hand, is still running strong.

"Nobody wants to play your stupid game" is the closest we've gotten to a meme recently. Sad.

We need something funny, like "bucka bucka" or "woozle wuzzle."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom