Random Music Talk CXVII: Leaked Emails Show Hillary Likes Both Kanye & Taylor Swift

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that's the best place to start. The eventual top 20 mostly contains all the essential albums and individual lists always contain some gems. There's no other place on this forum where the recommendations are concentrated in a similar manner.

Anyone else been into Mitski's 'Puberty 2' album? I don't recall seeing it mentioned in the favorite albums of the year thread, it's one of my favs.

Anyone else been into Mitski's 'Puberty 2' album? I don't recall seeing it mentioned in the favorite albums of the year thread, it's one of my favs.

I really love that record. It put Mitski on my radar for the first time, so I need to look back at her earlier albums too.

Your Best American Girl is one of my favorites of the year. The album as a whole is a bit uneven though IMO.

Hot track:

Any of you Aussies heard of her? Apparently she is rising in the Melbourne scene.

Yeah she's been picking up a whole bunch of high-profile support slots lately.

Random Music Talk CXVII: Leaked Emails Show Hillary Likes Both Kanye & Taylor...

Tonight I went to a Cornelius show where he and his band played Fantasma all the way through.

Beck showed up near the end and played theremin. They put a lei around his neck and he left.

It was a good night.

Last edited:
Random, non-music ...

How the fuck does anyone buying a house ever decide on a place without extreme anxiety? Do people hold out for the "perfect" house in their price range, or do people find one they feel comfortable in that might have a few flaws they can live with?

I've done a complete 180 this year, from "buy a house? In Seattle? On my own? LOLOLOLOL no way, that's terrifying and no way" to "hey, I can afford more house than I thought and look at the options that are there in my price range and hey, I'm totally ready for a house oh god, what am I doing???"

In music news related to home buying, I'm paring down more of my CDs. I mean, I'm ridiculous. My future small home will not have room for all of this stuff, I'm sure.

I learned about that kind of deal while randomly looking at waterfront property on a local reservation. It had to be explained to me why that wasn't such a great deal, despite the price. :lol:

I was initially waffling between house and townhouse, because as a first-time home owner, I'm kind of terrified by the thought of massive repairs and yardwork (which isn't terrifying, just annoying), but I've heard enough HOA horror stories that I think I've landed firmly on Team House, rather than being at the mercy of an HOA.

Nothing beats your own walls.

I haven't said this on your FB, but this resale bullshit is driving me crazy. Get the house you want. Plan for YOU, not some future owners. If you really like it, buy it.

I can say that having never bought a house, but I've lived in a house I didn't like very much until we fixed it up. Now I like it, and it's so much better to like the house you live in.

Random, non-music ...

How the fuck does anyone buying a house ever decide on a place without extreme anxiety? Do people hold out for the "perfect" house in their price range, or do people find one they feel comfortable in that might have a few flaws they can live with?

I had tremendous anxiety about the process FWIW. My partner eventually dragged me into it, which was how it had to be if we were ever going to buy anything. Speaking for Chicago at least, there is no perfect option; what we did was make a list of priorities and then tried to find something that fit several of those priorities within our price range.

I would caution against buying something that needs significant work unless you are really handy and enjoy that kind of thing. Because if you have to hire people to do the work, the costs will add up really fast.

Last edited:
I haven't said this on your FB, but this resale bullshit is driving me crazy. Get the house you want. Plan for YOU, not some future owners. If you really like it, buy it.

Yes, I'm right there with you. Thank you. :) My agent doesn't seem to think it's an issue, either. Whatever, I'll throw a toilet in the garage next to the washer and dryer. Boom. 1.1 baths.

I felt really good walking back into it today after thinking about it a few weeks. I do love that little forest near the back yard. And I would honestly, for the first time in my adult life, buy a bike to tootle down to the water and the main drag.

I'm going to sleep on it, and the agent is going to talk to the listing agent to see if there are other offers pending, or how urgently the sellers want to move. I have a flexible closing date as well, since I only have to give 20 days notice, which could work in my favor.

Would love it if I can get them to a slightly lower price (shouldn't be hard), and then negotiate them to either pay my closing costs or give me a 'credit' (which is apparently cash in hand) so I can do the floors.

And if not, it's still move-in ready. Any improvements would be "nice to have."

I would caution against buying something that needs significant work unless you are really handy and enjoy that kind of thing. Because if you have to hire people to do the work, the costs will add up really fast.

Oh god, I am SO not handy. But you know what? I'm smart, I will learn to be handy. And yard work? Whatever, I can push a lawn mower around every few weeks.

Congrats Cori!

My only advice would be take your time and do your research (which by your fb posts if sounds like you clearly have).

When I bought I jumped at the first thing I liked and in hindsight I could have gotten something better and cheaper if I would have done a little more homework.

The housing market, at least around here, is crazy right now. I fear we are in for another market adjustment at some point.

I have no expectation or ambition of ever owning a home. Far too unaffordable a prospect, and then what if I have to move for work? Renting is so much less hassle.

The new Ray LaMontagne album

-was produced by Jim James
-sounds like post-Syd, pre-Dark Side Pink Floyd
-is surprisingly good
Yeah, it's another great Ray album.
And, like most of his albums, the more I listen to it the better it gets.

Wish I could have seen him live again.

I'll offer an early congrats to Cori, hope the big decision works out for you.

And in my own non-music personal report, I just finished principal photography on my first feature film. Pretty drained, pretty relieved, pretty proud.

I've been hoping for an update on that. Or is this a different protect?

Sent from my SM-G935T using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom