Random Music Talk CXVI: The world doesn't actually revolve around Mack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hewson

Blue Crack Supplier
Onward and upward

ETA: And just noticed I Left an X out of the roman numeral (and typo'd Random), far too early in the morning.

Diemen if you can edit the title when you wake up.

Last edited:
Randon Music Talk CXVI: The world doesn't actually revolve around Mack

You're letting me down, Traviud.

The cult of Babymetal over on RYM is pretty creepy.

It's not something I'll sit around and listen to all day, but it was a charming 3/5 and I got some laughs out of it. 54 minutes of it was far too much.

I'd rather listen to Babymetal than, say, Dragonforce because there aren't egregiously stupid power metal lyrics to contend with and the hooks are enjoyable.

Last edited:
Onward and upward

ETA: And just noticed I Left an X out of the roman numeral (and typo'd Random), far too early in the morning.

Diemen if you can edit the title when you wake up.

thanx for the title, Hewson, millennials love irony

I'd rather listen to Babymetal than, say, Dragonforce because there aren't egregiously stupid power metal lyrics to contend with and the hooks are enjoyable.

It's a tough call between egregiously stupid power metal lyrics and Gimme Chocolate.

I am a guitar player so I can ignore shitty lyrics.

I also play guitar. Playing guitar doesn't make you suddenly incapable of hearing a string of words put together stupidly. Would possibly be nice if it did.

Happy 420 day everyone. I do not partake in the devil's lettuce, or as the cool kids say "Marijuana cigarettes" because I don't want this happening to me:

But it's cool if you do and also enjoy Pink Floyd.

I also play guitar. Playing guitar doesn't make you suddenly incapable of hearing a string of words put together stupidly. Would possibly be nice if it did.
Some people, like myself, put less priority on lyrics. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Some people, like myself, put less priority on lyrics. And there's nothing wrong with that.

That's quite different to the illogic of "playing guitar means I don't notice bad lyrics".

Happy 420 day everyone. I do not partake in the devil's lettuce, or as the cool kids say "Marijuana cigarettes" because I don't want this happening to me:

But it's cool if you do and also enjoy Pink Floyd.

this was 4/20 in downtown toronto today:

4/20 reminds me of what a damned dirty hippie IWB is, and it pisses me off.

hippies-book-lg_zps430f9a90.jpg

3800a2a3.png

That's quite different to the illogic of "playing guitar means I don't notice bad lyrics".

My take on lyrics: horrible lyrics don't stand out as much when they are in a foreign language. There's some stuff I don't really mind in English or French that would really make me cringe in Portuguese. And by the same token, it takes more effort to perceive great lyrics in a foreign language.

Back
Top Bottom