Random Music Talk CXV: Kill Em All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree, vlad. I started with THB and it hit me as hard as any album I've ever heard. It was the perfect introduction. I do also think that Everything Must Go would be a fine intro if only because the songwriting is so damn strong there. I think Generation Terrorists is not that good of an entry point, to be honest.

Last edited:
Can confirm you're right. Man, these guys, they've always got something to bring to the table.

I think my favourite is If Rah, especially when Karl starts going off with 'LUNA LUNA LUNA LUNA LUNAAA', that's great, vintage Karl Hyde. I reckon I'll be listening to this album a fair bit.

I disagree, vlad. I started with THB and it hit me as hard as any album I've ever heard. It was the perfect introduction. I do also think that Everything Must Go would be a fine intro if only because the songwriting is so damn strong there. I think Generational Terrorists is not that good of an entry point, to be honest.

I chose Generation Terrorists partly because the way they started was so intriguing, the whole 'we're going to sell 16 million of this album and then break up', it's not a perfect album by any means but there's so much excitement and passion in it.

Maybe just get Cobbler to listen to If You Tolerate This and Motorcycle Emptiness back to back to decide which side of the band he'd lean towards more.

He could just listen to "A Design For Life" too, which is as big and accessible as any song they have.

I think my favourite is If Rah, especially when Karl starts going off with 'LUNA LUNA LUNA LUNA LUNAAA', that's great, vintage Karl Hyde. I reckon I'll be listening to this album a fair bit.

Too early for me to single anything out, but yeah. Though I really do enjoy Motorhome.

Last edited:
I find The Drones quite boring, frankly. Much an all as I might concur with their songwriter on some things, they're just a terribly boring band.

Agnostic on The Manic Street Preachers, but definitely open to being swayed at some point. Obviously I love the song 'If You Tolerate This (etc)'.

That song.

Ok, in seriousness, a bunch of singles and maybe one album at one point (can't remember offhand which one). But you know, they're good and stuff.

Yeah, easy, I reckon if you like If You Tolerate This you should try This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours and Everything Must Go. I would say they're both good starting points for anybody if you've liked a hit song or two from that era.

I stumbled upon this song on the subscription feed on YouTube and I actually like this.

This band is pretty good - I hear them a lot on radio but have yet to listen to a full album. The song Dust from the upcoming album is excellent.

I can't stand these idiots. It was one thing to say it in 1986 but when a music genre has been around for 40 years it's not just going to evaporate like disco, as much as old racist assholes might find it irritating.

Rap/hip hop is the dominate musical genre. Has been for years. That guy is cray.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom