Random Music Talk CXV: Kill Em All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard this project in a few random places and might have to look into them more thoroughly after this:

Are they actually called the Drones, or are you referring to Muse or the NOMACS?

Tonight I'm seeing Sunn O))) and the way the venue staff are going on about the high volume I expect to go home deaf despite wearing earplugs. My expectations of extraordinary loudness are now sufficiently high that I'll be almost disappointed if I don't.

I'm pretty sure if somebody had revved a motorbike in the middle of the venue during Sunn O))) nobody would have heard.

The Drones' new album is fierce and I highly recommend it. "You came here on a boat you fucking cunt" is one of the lyrics. Sensational.

I'm going to guess this lyric is from a song about Tony Abbott. I might check it out, this disregard for any kind of subtlety is kind of fascinating.

Have you heard it Ax?

Vlad, I really think you'll love it. It is kind of what I imagine the Manic Street Preachers would sound like if they were Australian.
But I say that having never heard a MSP song, haha. Just know they're kinda angsty and political? Haha

Ooh that'll cut deep.

That was late last year. He did have a big whinge.

Vlad, I really think you'll love it. It is kind of what I imagine the Manic Street Preachers would sound like if they were Australian.
But I say that having never heard a MSP song, haha. Just know they're kinda angsty and political? Haha

I'll check it out. They can be angsty and political, but their work is much more diverse than that, so angsty and political doesn't really encapsulate their career but only certain phases. One thing I'll note is that Gareth Liddiard can be hard to understand when he sings, not too dissimilar to a young James Dean Bradfield.

Have you heard it Ax?

Dude. Listen to The Holy Bible immediately.

Dude. Listen to The Holy Bible immediately.

Nah, build him up to it, The Holy Bible is not the best Manics album to start off with.

Cobbler, I'd start with one of either Generation Terrorists and Everything Must Go. With both you get two different sides. Get on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom