Random Music Talk CXV: Kill Em All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Iggy Pop/Josh Homme collab album is good fun. Sounds pretty much like you would expect. Iggy Pop sleazes up a bunch of already sleazy-sounding Queens of the Stone Age tracks.

I don't know why you would you mind her staring at you.

I am not comfortable with attention or Natasha's......I feel like the fact that I'm making this excuse kinda proves why I never get any girls.

and Im pretty shocked by the news of Keith Emerson. it;s not like i love prog but I acknowledge that they had incredible musicianship

These classic rockers are all getting up there in years. I'm not sure it should be surprising that a lot of them are starting to pass.

As with the community in general, I'd expect some serious outliers. A glut of sixty and seventy-somethings, and then Mick Jagger or somebody dying at 105.

Even with all the stereotypes about the rock n roll lifestyles (if it claims you, it's as likely as not to be when you're young), I consider a lot of these deaths, certainly Bowie's, to be premature. Mid to late sixties is not that old. There are public figures a half generation or more older than that who are still active (David Attenborough, The Queen, Henry Kissinger, Betty White, Judi Dench, two Popes, the list goes on).

Even Dylan would have a good decade on some of the recent headline deaths.

Last edited:
Maybe there is a god. One with shit aim. He keeps trying to take out Henry Kissinger and hits musicians instead.

So... I worked on a documentary. It premiered tonight. It wasn't good, I know it wasn't. It had issues. I did with it what I could. Fine. Whatever.

But... Oh my God. I'm sitting in a restaurant and these people who went to the premiere have been shit taking it for about ten minutes straight. I'm so embarrassed it almost hurts.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom