Random Music Talk CXV: Kill Em All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Modest Mouse last night. Was at a small-ish arena, the sides were entirely blocked off. The vibe felt a bit off all night. Felt like the band didn't feel much love from the crowd. Isaac Brock tried his hardest but his banter is a bit shit and felt a little forced. He's a cool dude, can shred guitar, has a great beanie and smokes and drinks tea on stage. But yeah. I just couldn't reeeeally connect much. I was also a bit preoccupied with my anxiety. but all that aside, it was a pretty great show. The setlist was pretty great for me, if they'd done The World at Large I would have left thinking it was pretty much perfect.

Fire it Up is a song that I didn't know that had a really great guitar riff, that was probably my first highlight, Dark Centre of the Universe was awesome, very dramatic live, the opening and the chorus rules. The Best Room>Dashboard>Gravity Rides Everything was a great stretch. Black Cadillacs was good to hear and closed the main set.

Encore opened with Shit in Your Cut which was great. Float On... to me at least, I think it's pretty obvious that they're deathly sick of playing this song. It wasn't close to the highlight for me. Decent, but I'll take the album version. Paper Thin Walls was a lot better, great late-show number, and was followed by Ground Walks, which was fucking excellent, equal with Fire it Up, Dark Centre, Best Room, Paper Thin Walls as the highlight. And then they closed with Good Times, which I fucking love, but the atmosphere was just not there, and the house lights came on almost straight away as it ended, Isaac just saying "it's been a pleasure to play for you, thank you". Great, but not excellent. All in all a great show, but far from an all-timer.
Did they play anything from The Lonesome Crowded West?

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

I know this song has many versions over many decades, with my favorite coming from Robert Plant, but this National cut is up there with the best of them:

The new Weezer album is getting good reviews (well, I saw Spin gave it a good review). I loved Everything Will Be Alright In the End and I'm hoping the White Album will be just as good

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I guess James Iha played with Billh Corgan last night or a few nights ago. Had D'Arcy joined them it would of been a full on reunion due to Jimmy being in the current lineup. But yeah 16 years it's been.

I guess James Iha played with Billh Corgan last night or a few nights ago. Had D'Arcy joined them it would of been a full on reunion due to Jimmy being in the current lineup. But yeah 16 years it's been.

wait what? i thought that'd be impossible.

EVH and DLR
Axl and Slash
Corgan and Iha

People just love to kiss and make up nowadays.

It's good for business.

"Hey, I know we hate each other, but I need money."
"OMG ME TOO!"
"Yay let's be friends again then!"
"Ok!"

I still can't believe Billy and Iha can even be at same place simultaneously, considering that Billy's been saying that he's hated ex-band members with passion. especially James.

I typed Billy but auto correct changed his name to Bully, haha.

Billy is a wrestling fan so his fued with Iha could be a "work"... An elaborate 16 year long work.

I got into the Pumpkins literally when Siamese Dream came out and the buzz surrounding them was growing then they got huge. 93-96 was a neat time. Siamese Dream was a good album to listen to with headphones on at night, which I did a lot of with my favorite albums at the time. Things got weird after Melancholy came out and then Adore.. But 93 to 96 was pretty fun.

Well I think i started to look at Pumpkins because I knew there was that Asian guy (Iha) in the group and I felt weird affinity to them.

Siamese Dream is an all-timer for me. I've had it on regular rotation since the first time I heard it.

That I feel conflicted about Zooropa winning a Grammy over it speaks volumes about how much I love Siamese Dream.

Laz got a new tattoo...

27f8184c72efed98e857a8a499b54242.jpg

is it coincidence that I just watched video of Triumph the insult comic dog visiting court where Michael Jackson trial took place?

Siamese Dream is an all-timer for me. I've had it on regular rotation since the first time I heard it.

That I feel conflicted about Zooropa winning a Grammy over it speaks volumes about how much I love Siamese Dream.

You shouldn't. It's lame how people were complaining that U2 was in the Alrernative category, but Zooropa was certainly moreso than anything else in popular music at the time.

But Siamese Dream is definitely one of the highlights of the decade, certainly moreso than its bloated, uneven follow-up.

U2 deserved something positive after getting fucked over by Eric Clapton Unplugged.

If there was any justice in the world, unplugged Layla would have gotten Clapton confined in an old folks home by court order.

Last edited:
I rented a Harryhausen collection tonight. I miss Jive :sad:

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom